Epilogue

(Two years later)

"I can't believe you would even think that aunt Mable" I said laughing. This woman actually thought I would let Steve destroy our cabin from our childhood.

"Well Steve got his company to come up there and the guys were all excited to tear down a building they were saying as they walked past me" she said exasperated.

"Aunt Mable" I smiled at this poor old woman. "The crew are taking out an acre of trees for us to build another house on the land for us" I told her.

"Well why on earth would you guys do something like that for, when the cabin is perfect for a young couple" she said shaking her head.

I sat her down, "Aunt Mable, there's a reason and we weren't going to say anything till we were for sure, but since you are all in a hissy about it, we're pregnant aunt Mable, you're going to be a great aunt" I told her with tears in my eyes.

The old woman looked up at me and she started crying, "oh my dear, I was hoping one day Steve and you were going to start a family" she said and hugged me. This woman had a grip like a bear, now I know where Steve gets it from, I thought smiling.

"When are you due?" she asked holding on to my hands, "I am about three months along now, we are due in December, on Christmas actually is my due date" I told her.

Smiling at me, "that is perfect a Christmas baby, you both were always blessed around that time of year as it is" she said and stood up.

"Where you going aunt Mable?" I asked as I stood up with her. "I'm going to go give my nephew a piece of my mind for withholding this important news then I'm going to take you both out to celebrate" she said as she walked away.

I took a deep breath and texted Steve. "Babe, I just told your aunt about our new home and news, she is on her way to kick your ass" I texted laughing. I hate to be in his shoes right about now.

That aunt Mable is a force to be reckoned with. But at the same time, I wouldn't want her to be any other way. She was family, always was and always will be.

Without her, I don't know if Steve and I would have reconnected but looking at my stomach and placing a hand there, "you are loved and will always be protected my darling" I whispered with tears in my eyes.

I can't believe after all these years how life has turned out. I'm married to a man that has been in my life basically forever, were about to be parents and building a new home.

Keeping our old cabin for just us when we want to get away and have some alone time together. Plus, it held so many memories for us, we couldn't ever get rid of it.

I went back to my job that I got last year. I was a manager of Steve's company that he told me about after the new year's celebration we ended up having with his aunt and a few friends of his.

Steve owned a construction and demolition company that he started himself out of high school. Now it was one of the biggest in Michigan and he was thinking about expanding into other states but for now we were keeping it in this state.

My phone buzzed, "thanks for the heads up, even a few of my crew saw aunt Mable walking towards me and took off, she is a force and we are now on our way to pick you up my darling wife".

I had to laugh, leave it for aunt Mable to drive Steve here, driving with her was like being on a roller-coaster, she shouldn't be driving especially with her lead foot and stop signs and yellow lights to her were merely a suggestion on what to do.

Yes, she was one of those kinds of drivers. I packed up and closed to the office for the day. I stood there waiting for them. I saw aunt Mable a mile away with her bright yellow car that Steve had painted purposely for others to know who was driving.

They stopped in front of the office and aunt Mable rolled down the window on Steve's side, "get in my dear, it's time to go eat" she said and rolled the window back up.

I took a deep breath and got in, Steve turned and smiled at me, but I could see the fear in his eyes as soon as I saw him. I busted out laughing at that until aunt Mable stepped on the gas.

I was so glad I was in the backseat and not in the front. Back here I could hide my head and not watch without her seeing me, but my poor Steve front and center to the show of a life time.