Introduction

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. 

 ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. 

Growing up, Odette had been the girl everyone wanted around. She was bubbly, excited, happy, and oh so kind. She did not belong in a world of hunger, pain, and fear. Yet there she was, gracing everyone with smiles. 

When the fifteen-year-old got reaped, everyone was grieving. She was good and pure and should stand no chance in something as brutal as the Hunger Games. Despite the odds, she won. Despite how wrong it looked, she was the last one standing, blood dripping from her mouth and tears running down her cheeks. She was the victor of the sixty-ninth Hunger Games. 

It soon became clear that the blood on her hands did not stain her personality. She was still a girl made of sugar and kind eyes, of comforting hugs and gentle words. She was adored nationwide, her name on everyone's lips. She was wanted, longed for. It was no surprise when president Snow came with an offer. Knowing the consequences of denying, she put on a smile and nodded, knowing what she had to do. 

Her life was all that now. Spending most of her days skipping from house to house, party to party in the Capitol, mentoring each game because it was expected of her, and trying not to fall apart. It was supposed to be just that, she hadn't meant to meet another Victor that caught her attention, that she wanted to comfort, that she wanted to be around. It was supposed to be meaningless, both needing a distraction and a gentle touch. It wasn't often they saw each other, but it was magical, the only time things felt remotely okay. 

But there was only so much luck in the world, of course. Odette's and Johanna's blissful luck had been counted out before it had even really begun. 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. 

CAST

Jena Melone as Johanna Mason 

Jessie Mei Li as Odette Byrne 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. 

PLAYLIST

"was a bad idea, 'cause i can't think straight"
bad idea // girl in red 

"heat of her breath in my mouth i'm alive"
angel of small death and the codeine scene // hozier 

"just let me know i'll be on the floor, on the floor, maybe we can work this out"
meet me in the hallway // harry styles 

"keep the nightmares out, give me mouth to mouth"
home // daughter

"come out and haunt me, i know you want me"
apocalypse // cigarettes after sex 

"hey, i promise i can stay good"
still sane // lorde 

"i'm always sad and i'm always lonely, but i can't tell you that i'm breaking slowly"
feelings are fatal // mxmtoon

"how i wanted you to promise we would only make love, but my mouth felt like i was choking"
no care // daughter 

"i can't breathe but did i say that bothers me"
lady in the wall // danny knutelsky

"like you were my first love, we could just run away, not tell anybody"
striptease // carwash

"i've been loved before, but right now, in this moment, i feel more and more like i was made for you"
halley's comet // billie eilish

"all of my goodness is going with you now"
shrike // hozier 

"did you get enough love, my little dove, why do you cry?"
fourth of july // sufjan stevens

"you'll be alright, no one can hurt you now"
safe and sound // taylor swift, civil wars

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. 

(a/n): hello besties! if you're here from my note in 'wildfire' welcome, good to see you again, you look great. if not! welcome, i'm so excited to get to know you! once more a johanna mason story because i'm a lesbian <3. very excited to finally get this out! i've been sitting on this for a long time. unfortunately, life got in the way and it's only ready now. kind of a coincidence i finished this right around the holidays. i genuinely hope i get to cause u pain with this one. odette is a pisces, which is very relevant information to me. i went with the theory that johanna is an aries (bc like... is she not?) and that's all I'm going to say for now.

CONTENT WARNINGS
Violence, description of gore, blood, major death, sexual themes, implied forced prostitution, swearing, a lot of angst, talk of mental health, substance use