one

tw // mentions of food

taking one last deep breath and adjusting the bag on her shoulder, nini puts the key into the lock of the door at her moms' house and walks in

taking one last deep breath and adjusting the bag on her shoulder, nini puts the key into the lock of the door at her moms' house and walks in. she's immediately met with screams as she shuts the door behind her, being pulled into a tight hug with her moms and jane.

nini stands still, arms to her sides, trying to process what was happening. her thoughts cleared after a few seconds and she smiled while wrapping her arms around her moms and sister.

"hi!!!" mama d exclaimed, squeezing nini a little bit too tight. "i missed you so much baby."

she playfully rolls her eyes and moves to hug mama c, "i was only gone for half a year, don't be dramatic," she replies, as her mom rubs a hand up and down her back.

"yeah, half a year too long!" mama c says, passing nini along to her sister.

she smiles into the embrace and whispers, "i missed you so much janey."

they pull away from the embrace and jane places her hands on the sides of her sisters face, slightly squeezing her cheeks. nini laughs and playfully pushes her sister's hands away from her face. she grabs her suitcase and leaves the foyer, placing her stuff in her old room.

she tries to close the door before anyone has the chance to ask questions, but unfortunately, she's too late.

"nini! don't think you can get away so fast. we have so much catching up to do!" jane yells, rather enthusiastically. nini tries to slam the door but jane puts her foot in, preventing it from closing.

accepting her defeat she lets her sister in, who was unsurprisingly trailed by her moms, signing and motioning to her bed. she stands in front of her family, arms crossed, waiting for the questions to spill out of their mouths. her moms give each other a look, signaling the start of the questions.

"how's school?"

"do you still like new york?"

"have you met anyone? any boyfriends?" mama d says teasingly.