Who Can You Trust?

Marla: So, last week's challenge exposed a few team issues. And I'm sensing a little something funky floating in the team pond, too. So, this week's challenge is going to be centered around building trust. Because all good things begin with a little trust.

Maverine: There will be three major challenges that will have to be completed by two or more members of your team. Normally, we like to have the campers choose their partners, but not this time! More fun for me!

Marla: Okay! So for the first challenge, you'll be doing an extreme freehand rock climbing adventure! DJ and Duncan will play for Maeve's team. Heather and Gwen for my team. Here's your belay and harness.

Gwen: Hey! What's your damage?

Heather: If you think I'm letting you hold me up, you're nuts!

Marla: You won't be holding her up exactly. One camper pulls the slack through the belay as their partner climbs. If the climber falls, the belay will stop them from crashing. The catch? Both the side and the base of he mountain are rigged with a few minor distractions like... Rusty nails. Slippery oil slicks. Mild explosives and....A few other surprises.

Harold: Wicked!

Marla: The person on belay must also harness their partner up. It's all about trust, people. And remember, never let go of the rope. Your partner's life depends on it.

After Gwen falls after the explosive...

Marla: I promised surprises! Habanero pepper sauce, anyone?

Heather: Ugh! What the heck, Marla?!

Marla: Muy Caliente.

Duncan: Ah... Is that the best you can do?

Maverine: Is that the best we can do?

After D.J. and Duncan tangled the ropes...

Marla: Looks like my team have won the first challenge.

Seconds later...

Marla: And now, round two! The extreme. Cooking. Challenge! Each team must choose who cooks and who eats.

Geoff: [to Bridgette] I was head chef last time. You better cook.

Lindsay: Ooh, Todd! I'll be the cook!

Marvin H.: It's Trent, Lindsay, and do not call anybody a wrong name. You understand?

Lindsay: Yes, Marvin.

Marla: Today you'll be preparing Fugu sashimi, the traditional Japanese poisonous blowfish. The Fugu Blowfish contains enough lethal toxins to kill thirty people. They must be sliced very carefully to cut around the poisonous organs. The poison paralyzes the nerves and there is no antidote. So no worries. Begin!

After Geoff ate, Trent got sick.

Trent: [deep voice, slurring] I thought you said you passed biology!

Lindsay: I said I took biology.

Lindsay: Ewww!

Marla: It's cool. Give him twenty-four hours and he'll be up walking and breathing, good as new.

Geoff: Uh, is anybody gonna help this guy?

Roddy W.: I'll help him.

Marla: Good work Roddy.

Marla: Good news. The third round involves three more challenges. It's the three blind challenges. It begins with the blind William Tell, followed by the blind trapeze, and culminating in the treacherous blind toboggan. Like legendary marksman William Tell, you'll be knocking arrows off your partner's head with crab apples.

Courtney: Um, wasn't it the other way around?

Maverine: Shush! Also, the shooter will be blindfolded!

Marla: The person who knocks of the arrow while causing the least amount of facial damage wins.

Marla: Leshawna and Owen, you'll be one team. Courtney and Sadie, you'll be the other.

Harold: I'm violently allergic to apples!

Sadie: Ooh, let me shoot! I'm a good shot!

Courtney: [sighs] You'd better be.

Marla: Okay, let's rock and roll!

After LeShawna got a bullseye....

LeShawna: Ooh! Did I get a bullseye?

Sadie: I've got her this time!

Maverine: Leshawna won already!

Courtney: Hey moron, it's ov– ooh!

Maverine: Sadie! It's over, man! Let it go!

Sadie: Oopsie. Sorry.

Courtney: Ugh... You're going down. [moans]

Marla: And now, the blind trapeze! To avoid serious injury, the trapeze has been set up over this pond, which is full of jellyfish. You two will stand blindfolded on the platform until your partners tell you when to jump.

Heather: And then?

Marla: Then hopefully they'll catch you. Or that's gonna be one heck of a painful swim. [laughs] Okay! Hut hut!

After Harold and Bridgette got it, Heather got stung by jellyfish.

Maverine: Ooh, that's a point for my team!

At the infirmary...

Heather: I can't believe I trusted that little– ow! Freaking stinging jellyfish!

Heather: Ow!

Courtney: What? Where am I?

Heather: You're in the infirmary. Got anything for removing jellyfish?

J.J.W.: I'll get the medics to get away from the jellyfish, Heather.

Marla: And now, the final leg. The blind toboggan race. Each team will have a driver and a navigator. The driver steers while the navigator show directions. Oh yeah. And the driver will be blindfolded! Not many of you left, huh? Keep losing you guys. [laughs] Oh well. Uh... Gwen and Leshawna, Geoff and DJ. On your marks. Get set...

[airhorn blows]

Before the end of the race, D.J. nearly took the blindfold off.

Howie L.: D.J., that is an automatic disqualification.

Marla: That is not right like Howie said, but my team wins.

Later that night...

Maverine: Who wants a treat? A tasty goodie that represents exemption, security, peace of mind. And if you don't get a marshmallow, you have to walk the Hall of Shame and you can never come back. Ever. Let's see. One for Duncan. One for Bridgette. One for Courtney. DJ, Geoff. Well done, my brothers. Looks like we only have one left. Sadie and Harold, the final marshmallow...Harold.

Sadie: You know what? That's fine with me, you... marshmallow eating freaks! [cries loudly]

Maverine: The rest of you are safe. For now.

Dan F.: Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong Sadie?

Sadie: I'm eliminated.

Dan F.: Okay, I'll take you home.