Chapter 10

Eleanor stepped outside the bus in her red top and denim shorts, waiting for Louis. She paired her outfit with knee-high boots and a waist-length jacket. She let her hair down normally and put on some make-up as well. A noise made her head turn and she smiled as Louis walked towards her. Both their smiles widened because coincidentally, they were both wearing red.

"Were you spying on me while I was changing, Calder?" Louis teased and she rolled her eyes.

"You wish," she retorted. Louis held on to his chest and faked a hurt expression to make Eleanor laugh. 

"Anyways, you look... absolutely gorgeous," he looked into her eyes and she blushed.

"Thanks, you look pretty nice yourself," she complimented. "But where are you taking me? The suspense is killing me!"

"Woah woah calm down. You'll see," he held her hand and led the way. 

They got into his car and started their way. "Mind of I turn on the radio?" he asked and she shook her head.

He turned the radio on and surfed through to find something. A music started and Eleanor's face lit up. "Don't change! It's my favourite song!"

Louis did as she said and fonded over her enthusiasm. "What song is this?"

"Far Away by Nickelback, I love it!"

Louis listened carefully and yes, the song was really beautiful. He looked over at Eleanor as she hummed along with the song. She looked so happy and beautiful, Louis was just grateful he could look at her without the fear that she would snap at him, finally. 

"Where did you get a car from?" she asked when the song ended. 

"Oh, it's a rented one. You don't like it?"

"Oh no, it's nice," she smiled at how he cared about the little things.

"We're here," he announced as they reached their destination. He got out and opened her door as she sat there to figure out why they were there.

"You wanna go somewhere else?" he asked as she was lost in thought.

"No, let's go," she replied as she got down. 

"Umm Louis?" she asked and he turned to face her.

"Yeah?"

"Why are we at an orphanage?" 

"Okay so yesterday when I was out with Z I saw this orphanage on our way. So, I just visited this place later yesterday and talked to the matrons and thought of visiting the kids here but like, I have only one day left. I'm sorry this isn't the ideal first day but like.... I was very curious and I always felt this connection with kids... and finding out that so many parents willingly gave up on their kids... and so many kids.. they lost their parents..." Louis stopped as he saw Eleanor slightly chuckling.

"Are you laughing at me now?!"

"No no! It's just that... you're so sweet." she said as she pulled him close. "I'm sorry but like I promised the matron and didn't have time today," Louis apologized, again.

"Louis, it's okay," she reassured as she kissed his cheek.

"But like, I'm sure you wanted something romantic for a first date," he looked at his feet.

She caressed his cheek and held his chin up. 

"Lou, this is better than any superficially romantic drama, it's you," she softly kissed his lips and she could tell he smiled in the kiss.