Chapter 3: Death has fangs, It hurts.

Annabeth

Oh, no! As the sword pierces Percy's stomach, causing him to whimper in pain, my eyes widen like saucers. His blood is gushing out of him like waterfalls, and his mouth is blood-spattered. What did I do?! I exclaim internally, staring at him in horror.

My hands in front of my mouth muffled the whimper that threatened to reveal my location; Percy looks at them in horror, his face broken and betrayed. The beauty that adorned his face whenever he smiled had vanished, replaced by a silent plea and a painful expression.

The ocean eyes that glowed with mirth and power were gone, and the vibrancy and life that had been hidden behind them had been replaced by a glazed blank expression. His eyes start to die, flickering and dimming like a light bulb that has lost its radiance.

As if breathing were a difficult task, his chest moves slowly up and down. He heaved a long sigh before collapsing into the creek, as if he had taken a deep breath and exhaled it all at once. Clarisse stared at him in horror, and her siblings looks rather startled than they ought to be behind her back. Throughout, the killer adorns a smug expression on his face, as if murdering an innocent child is a sign of bravery and accomplishment.

I stand there watching them carry his body; his face has softened. Just like when he's sleeping and drooling, except the drool has been replaced by trickling scarlet blood.

As they get closer to the sea, the color of his skin gradually turn in to something sickly, like death. Some of them shred their clothes to make a rope, possibly to use as an anchor for his dead body, so it doesn't float away and reveal their deeds done to the oblivious kid.

When I think about what will happen to his mother, my eyes well up with tears. I overheard Chiron say that Percy's mother was most likely abducted by the Lord of the Dead, and now they are both dead, because of Percy's death at the hands of Ares campers, his mother will most likely rot in the underworld, waiting for someone who will never come for her. Not anymore at least.

He died as a result of my stupid desire to go on a quest, and I had assumed he was a son of the eldest gods, but clearly I was wrong! I burst into tears a little more.
He should have called down lightning and thunder, a wave to drown the brainless blood campers, or even an army of the dead, but he didn't!

After saying my goodbyes to Percy. I walk towards camp grounds, I mutter weakly that I will never forget his ocean eyes and crooked grin, which somehow manages to annoy and warm me during our encounters.
What do you think I'm going to say to Luke? He'll never believe Percy left the camp on purpose because he was so concerned about his well-being and the kid was adamant on staying.

In the creek, I practiced my facial expressions and washed away my dried tears "Hello, Annabeth. Percy, the little kid, have you seen him?" Luke asks the question, and then he gives me a smile that makes my heart skip a beat.

"I don't think so.... Luke, I'm sorry. I have to hurry because my siblings are waiting for me at the Cabin. "I replied before walking away, leaving Luke with a frown on his otherwise beautiful face.

End Of Chapter

If you'll rank the power of the prophesied seven how it would be?

Mine are:  Highlight Powers for me:

Perseus: Immense Healing ability, Possible Telekinesis, Versatile control on any form of liquid.

Jason: Ability to fly, Will on storms, Immense control over winds.

Hazel: Control over metals, Control on earth,  and Immense power over magic.

Leo: Great Control Over Machines, Pyro Powers

Frank: Endurance, Strength, Unstoppable rage, Versatile weaponry

Piper: Manipulation using her voice, Charming presence

Annabeth: Intelligence, Skilled fighter