Day 9 - Chill

Female humans and slight lemon

Dream's POV

Ink, Blue and I are going snowshoeing today and I can't wait to see them in puffy snowcoats. Blue is already happily jumping around and making her hair go up and down with her body. She was much more hyper than Ink, who is just sitting off to the side and waiting for us to go.

"How do we even put these snowshoe things on? They're so big and clunky," I smiled at her and bent down to help her get them on.

"There you go," she smiled at me and I found her smile adorable, especially when she jumped into my arms and kissed me.

"Thank you Dream," Blue is almost always close to yelling while she talks, so she kind of just yelled in my ear.

"No problem, let's get our jackets on and go," Blue squealed happily and Ink looked tired as she got up to get her jacket.

"When we get home I'm taking a nap," Ink mumbled, in a way that sounded like she was talking to herself.

"Ink if you're tired you can stay home,we aren't forcing you to go," it seemed that Blue finally saw how tired she looks and the way she doesn't seem to want to go.

"No I promised I'd go with you two, I just couldn't sleep quite right last night," Ink brushed her long brown hair behind her ear and walked over to hug me from behind.

"Well if everything is settled, let's go," Blue snapped us out of our lovey calm moment and reminded us we have to go now or we won't be able to for a few weeks, a storm is supposed to roll in tomorrow and that makes the snow less packy.

Once we got outside and started to walk around we discovered how difficult it is to walk in snowshoes, Blue even tripped and face planted in the snow. She had been quite unhappy with that, but cheered up instantly when she saw a small white bunny hop by. She even tried to chase after it, but didn't get very far and almost tripped again.

We walked for several hours and eventually we saw that it began to snow, covering our footprints that were supposed to be our way home. Both Ink and Blue looked panicked as the snow covered our footprints quickly, the winds slowly picked up. Only minutes after the storm started we were lost and freezing, Ink thought up the great idea of hiding under a tree and using packy snow as a barrier.

Her hood fell down as we were crafting our shelter and I saw how Ink flinched as it went down her back. Blue finished the wall she was working on and then started working on the portions for me and Ink. Ink was shivering the whole time and I pulled her in for a tight hug, Blue managed to finish our makeshift shelter on her own.

Unfortunately for all of us, it was still cold and we had to huddle together for warmth. Eventually we turned to removing our coats and using one as something to lay on and the other two for blankets as we tried to share our body heat. None of us realized we were losing warmth until it got really bad and we returned to our own jackets, feeling regret for going on the trip.

Suddenly a frigid gust of wind got through a weak part of our defense against it and we all shivered, desperately trying to cover the hole. Blue sneezed and Ink coughed, making it clear they were starting to catch colds, I knew I was too. I felt horrible as we curled up more, trying to keep the small amount of warmth close. My mind thought about my phone out of nowhere and I reached into my pocket, finding the device and immediately trying to turn it on. However the cold damaged it and it stopped working, leaving the last hope I had slipped away.

"I-Ink, Dream, i-it's s-so cold," Blue was barely able to stutter out her words, her whole body shook and she tried to grasp onto the warmth she used to have.