Day 18 - Tree

Ink's POV

Blue and Dream usually let me just use my brush to make our Christmas tree, but this year they want to go out and get a real one. So here we are, in the middle of a forest and looking for a tree that will fit in our house. I doubt we'll find one, although I can't tell them that or they might get upset with me.

"I think I found the perfect one," Blue yelled and I looked up to see a tree that looked okay, it could look better though.

"I'll chop it and then we can go home and out of this cold weather," Dream seemed to agree with me about it being cold, as he hugged himself to try and keep warm.

In one swing of my paintbrush the whole tree came down and then Dream opened a portal to our living room. It fell right through and landed on the floor, we all jumped through right after. Sadly it wasn't over yet, they wanted to actually decorate the tree too and that means no early naps for me.

"So Ink, can you make the decorations so we can put them on the tree? We could go buy some though," sighing heavily, I raised my brush and made a pile of ornaments like Dream wanted.

"Yay! Let's get to work," it didn't even take a second for Blue to start decorating, even though I just wanted to take a nap.

With little help from me, the tree was decorated in four hours and I was almost asleep on the sofa. The only thing keeping me awake was Blue blasting Christmas music and singing along every now and then. Dream clearly noticed how tired I am, but didn't do anything to help me with the sound.

However my luck returned when Blue yawned, tired after all that tree decorating and singing. He went and turned off the music, before sitting down beside me with a blanket from beside him. Blue laid his head on my lap and almost instantly was asleep, Dream joined in and laid at the other end of the sofa with Blue's legs on his lap.

Without a single complaint, I let them sleep and finally was able to sleep as well. Blue and Dream were finally going to let me relax, so I took my chance before they woke up. If they woke up I wouldn't be getting back to sleep anytime soon.

-412 words

Hope you emjoyed

Snowstorm means no school tomorrow, which means my 3 weeks off start now.