whatcha waiting for, moony?

Lily, Cerise, and Remus walked together to Potions. Remus sulked next to the two girls as they talked about girl things.

It had been a few days since the students came back from winter break and Remus grew worried. Cerise barely spoke to him and when they did it wasn't the same. There was something blocking them both but he didn't know what. He wondered if it was because of a specific Hufflepuff that coincidentally joined her life recently but he ignored his jealous thoughts and began to walk in the classroom.

He noticed Cerise stopped wearing bright clothing and would look as if she just rolled out of bed, not even trying with her outfits. Remus still found her beautiful regardless, although it hurt him to see her in such a slump and he still didn't know why.

Just before they reached the door Cerise stopped walking and began shuffling things in her bookbag. She waved her hands at the two friends that watched her do so.

"Just go ahead, I'm just trying to find something," she said still looking through her bag. They both shrugged and walked in.

Slughorn greeted them with his usually bubbly smile. The two noticed that the classroom was expanded wider and that there were more tables than usual. They didn't even know classrooms could do such. Remus raised his eyebrow and turned to the professor but was immediately shushed. Lily and Remus turned to one another before each taking a seat at a table.

Cerise came in shortly after but instead of a smile from Slughorn, he gave her a solemn head nod and wavered her over to his desk. She hesitated, before coming over. She could feel the eyes of a few students watching her, especially Remus.

"Miss Rein. How have you been? Have you adjusted well?"

"Oh, I've-er—, been doing great," she lied.

"That's good to hear. If you need anything—,"

"I can always come to you, sir. I know. Thank you." She faked a smile while Slughorn lightly chuckled. She maneuvered herself towards Lily and Remus, taking a set next to the boy.

"Adjusted? What was that about?" Remus asked.

"Nothing," Cerise said unpacking her notebook.

"Didn't seem like nothing," Remus grumbled.

Multiple voices came from the hallway which grabbed the attention of everyone in the class. The first to stumble into the room were Sirius and James. Their eyes moved around the room before it was set on Remus who was waving them over.

"How's it going bitches!" Sirius shouted before pointing towards Remus, Lily, and Cerise. Simultaneously, James pointed both of his hands towards his crotch.

"Language, Mr. Black! 10 points from Gryffindor!"

"Oops, sorry sir," Sirius waved awkwardly before joining their friends. Peter, Rosie, and Marlene soon followed and once everyone realized the friend group was back together they all cheered while their classmates groaned.

"Everyone, everyone, enough! Take your seats. I've expanded the room for a reason," Slughorn motioned the second class to follow through. They all began taking their seats, a funny face growing on Marlene.

"Your guys' potions class has Hufflepuffs? Isn't it only supposed to be two houses per class?" Marlene asked pointing to the awkward Hufflepuffs and Slytherins sitting together at one table. They all turned and looked at the group of students, taking specific notice of one blonde-haired Hufflepuff. He noticed them staring and waved at Cerise. She smiled and waved back, causing Remus to lightly gag.