Move in Day

CONDO 47

Alexis Williams (Scott Hills High School)

Hayley Jacobson(Scott Hills High School)

Jace Reyna (Valley High School)

Kyler Archuleta (Valley High School)

Well there I am, condo 47. Luckily each time, they put two people from the same school together in the house. You are allowed to request roommates and of course I put down my best friend. I mean, it makes sense that they want to make our stay here a little more comfortable in the sense that they want us to know someone we are living with. I have known Hayley since I was born. Her mom was my mom's best friend since they met in birthing class. Therefore she knows every little dirty secret about me and has gone through everything with me. She is my love, my girlfriend, my sister. Not in that dirty way, she however is the girl I cheat on all my boyfriends with.

I unlocked the front door and crossed the threshold of my new home for the summer. Home of the high school students. I really hope these guys I am living with aren't complete jerks or worse, tools. I will not stand for house parties every weekend and a different girl every night.

"Hales?" I yelled in the house. "You here?"

I heard what sounded like a stampede come running down the stairs.

"Lex!" She screamed. "This is going to be so exciting! I can't wait! Are you excited?" All the words came rushing out of her mouth.

"Breathe, before you run out of air," I Iaughed.

"Oh my God! There's this guy! He's living with us! He is a Sex God. So incredibly hot! Like if I can have se-"

"No." I simply said no, even before she had a chance to finish that sentence. "You will not be having nor doing anything with him."

"But just listen, you'll see. There's two of them and they're both so attractive. Lex, I don't think I'll have the power to not do or say anything." She gave me the puppy dog eyes hoping I would say yes, but no. I was standing firm with no.

"No Hayley, you can't sleep with them."

"I wouldn't argue having fun with either one of you," I heard a male voice say from the stairs in front of me. I looked up and saw one of the boys, I'm assuming we will be living with. She was right, he was attractive but after that remark I think I can withstand his charm.

"Oh really? Well sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think you'll be sleeping with either one of us," I responded back with all the sass I had. "Come on Hales, let's go to our room."

I linked my arm through her and walked up stairs leaving my suitcase at the door. I really didn't want to attempt to try to carry it up the stairs, not with him watching. I got to the room with my name on it, opened the door, and shut it behind the both of us.

"That was Jace, isn't he just gorgeous. Honestly, I like the other one better. His name is Kyler, but I think you and Jace would look cute together," she said with a smile. Sometimes that girl just rambles on. She doesn't even make sense sometimes, like why would I look cute with him?

"Hales, chill out for a second. Go take a cold shower or something," I rolled my eyes as I said that.

"Alexis!" She scolded me.

"Don't Alexis me, do you hear yourself? We've been here for less than five minutes and you're talking about hooking up with one of the guys we live with? You know that's against the rules right? You could be kicked out of the program if you do that."

"Correction. You've been here for less than five minutes, I've been here for twenty. And F.Y.I. that hurt my feelings. I don't need to take a cold shower."

"You also don't need to sleep with them, Jace or Kyler."

"Whatever Alexis, I'll do as I please." And with that, she slammed my door as she walked out.

I left my room after her, not to chase after her but to get my suitcase. She needed time to think of what she was saying. Having sex with guys she just met, really? I scanned the downstairs real quick and when it was clear, I grabbed my suitcase and carried it upstairs to the best of my ability. I got halfway up before the handle slipped from my hand and it rolled down the stairs, but not without making enough noise for all the condos around us to here.

Just then Jace came in from the front door and looked at my suitcase then me. I walked down the stairs as if nothing happened, flashed a fake smile and picked it back up.

"Let me get that for you,"Jace flashed a smirk my way. I let out a sigh and allowed him to carry it to my bedroom door. "Alex Williams," he read from my door. "That's a pretty name for a pretty girl."

"Thanks, but I don't jump into bed with the first boy I meet."

"Well I sure hope that I'm not the first male you've ever met." His devilish grin made my knees go weak. He was sure annoying, however I couldn't stop thinking about those lips on mine and how amazing it would feel.

"No and you won't be last. Thanks for carrying my suitcase upstairs, but I think I can handle it from here." I started to turn the door knob to open my door but Jace's hand prevented me from doing so.

"You know, if you ever need anything. I'm just down the hall from you. All you have to do is open the door and I'm glad to grant you any wish you may have."

"Does that work on the girls at your school, cause honestly you just sound like a pig, but thanks so much for the offer. Try another girl. There's plenty here."

"Oh don't worry sweetheart. I have my eyes set on one, right now." His smirk was going to be deadly. That body was going to be deadly. I definitely did not want to be kicked out of the program for this boy. This jerk.

I opened my door and pulled my suitcase in, making sure to shut the door on Jace.

I had just finished unpacking everything when Hayley walked into my room with a boy.

"Alexis, this is Kyler, he's the other boy were living with," she introduced with a smile.

"Hi," I greeted with a smile towards him. "I'm Alexis Williams."

"Yeah I heard. It's nice to meet you," he waved towards me.

"You heard?" I was confused.

"From Jace and Hayley," he explained. "Jace said he has his eyes set on someone in this house, I guess Hayley is right."

I was speechless. They are very open with everything. None of them have a care in the world.

"Well," I sighed. "He's interesting to say the least but I'm not into cocky guys."

He laughed, "I'll make sure to let him know."

Hayley was standing awfully close to him. She was just staring up at him batting her eyelashes. Oh no.

"Anyways, it was nice to meet you," I said with a smile. "But I need to talk to Hayley for a second. Thanks." I pushed him out the door and closed it behind it. "Why'd you kiss him?"

"What ever do you mean sweet Alexis?" She faked dumb.

"No Hayley, you kissed him. Let's not play dumb here."

"Well we were talking you see. You hurt my feelings and he saw I was down, so we just talked and next thing I knew we weren't talking anymore, but Alexis just listen to me. He's so cute and doesn't have a girlfriend. He also is a very good kisser and it's been so long. I haven't dated anyone since Jack. Please Lex, just be nice to the boys."

I swear Hayley is just too boy crazy for her own good. Before she knows it she'll be doing a lot more than kissing him. I'm just trying to look after her. She needs a mother sometimes and as much as I don't want to have that job, I don't really have any other choice.

"Just be careful, okay Hales? Don't let him be another Jack."

She looked down playing with her fingers for a second before saying "I promise."