Chapter #1

omg hi! I hope you guys enjoy this fan fiction :) pls comment ideas and don't forget to vote!!! love you! 

dude.

okay hi, this whole book was written VERY poorly in 2020, and the writing is AWFUL. slowly but surely i will be fixing any plot holes, grammar mistakes and overall crappy things in this book.

TRUST ME IT GETS BETTER IF YOU KEEP READING.

the story you're familiar with starts when a new greenie wakes up in a cage, screaming like a little kid and not knowing his name until...

"Thomas, my name is Thomas!!!"

However, our story begins a bit further on, when the group from maze A, happens to get tangled into the mess of a girl from maze B.

now lets catch you up, shall we?

and let her story begin...

"we have to get out of here Ren, it's not safe!" Said the scrawny boy, his tone of voice showing his fear.

 "you think I don't know that? I saw what happened, I was in the vents with you, remember?" She replied to the boy, better known as Aris.

She was known as Florence.

except she didn't know that, for all that wicked let her remember was her chosen nickname:

Ren.

Aris rambled on and on about his scepticism of this so called "safe haven" Janson had brought them to.  "I know that Ren, i'm just saying that the longer we stay here, the more likely it is for them to call our names, and then we're gonna end up jus like our friends!" Aris said, with a more stern look on his face, though that look didn't faze her in the slightest. 

It was the mention of their friends that hit her hard, causing the dirty blonde to stiffen up, not fully accepting the fact that their friends may be dead.

 Aris realized my sudden change of mood and quickly apologized "I-, i'm sorry Ren, I shouldn't have said that." Though she didn't hear a thing he said, to focused on the recent events.

When they escaped the maze, only 6 made it out. Ren, Aris, Rachel, Isabel, Harriet, and Sonya. They were all together for one day, before Rachel and Isabel were selected at random by Janson to be taken away to the "safe haven".

Isabel was an optimist, and always saw the best side in things. so when both their names got called, she was more excited than ever. Rachel however, was the one to first lay suspicion on this place, as she kept on saying they were people she remembered while going through the switch.

And even with high optimism, even Isabel knew that is never a good sign. 

Aris was the most upset about Rachel being called, they sort of had this thing going on between them, but they never really noticed their feelings, and even If they did; they never got the chance to say anything about it.

Once the 2 chosen girls left the cafeteria, the remaining 4 called it a night, and headed to their rooms. since Aris was a man, he had to sleep In another room. 

That night, Ren woke up in the middle of her dead sleep, and got up to shower in hopes it would calm her racing thoughts. Her hopes were fulfilled, as the water pressure washed away her fears and silenced the world around her. 

Yet as you'll soon realize; for Ren, no good thing lasts forever.

Turning the tap off sleepily walking out of the shared washroom, she saw the absent beds once belonging to Harriet and Sonya.

And after that night, she had never seen them again. This was Ren's final breaking point, and made it her goal to escape this place before they take another person she loved.

The morning came and Aris came to the delusional conclusion that their two friends were taken to the "safe haven", but why didn't they take Ren?

And so there were 2...

Ren quickly snapped out of her day dreaming and responded to Aris "No. its fine, you're right we can't stay here much longer. I just don't know how were supposed get out, let alone make it out alive. We need more people to help us. We won't survive escaping and you know it. We need more people." 

Aris sighed. he knew she was right, but they both didn't want to put their trust In anyone else, not knowing who could betray them. As if painfully on cue, a new group came in, around 5 boys, all looking confused as they looked around the room.

Before their eyes could land on the two people from maze B Janson walked in, clipboard of all the kids names on it. Quickly, Aris and Ren put their hoods on, trying not to be noticed by Janson, and for the 6th time, it had worked.

"-and finally, Yasmen." There was a bunch of sad sounds coming from the cafeteria filled with teens as Janson read the last name off the list.

 "Alright i'm heading off to bed." Ren said as she packed up the remains of her food. 

"Ren you've hardly eaten the past few days, at least finish this meal" Aris said with concern written on his face, to which she simply replied,

"Not hungry, I guess" Before throwing out her food and walking out the door into her room. once safely in her empty room she grabbed a black cropped tank top, army green cargo pants, and her pair of flimsy old running shoes she had from the field (or the glade as you guys know it) before walking out her room, to the showers. 

On her way however, she saw the girl that was with the new group while they were getting their tests done. 

Another thing worth mentioning: Ren observes, A lot. 'room 27, got it'  she memorized the room number before heading off into the showers.

Ren savoured the time she had in the shower, taking in the soothing hot water, as no one ever got hot water in the field. She dried herself of before slipping on her change of clothes, and wringing the water out of her shoulder length hair.

. . .

Bang!  The sound came from under her bed which caused her to jump, as she watched Aris crawl out under her bed where the vent was.

"Holy shit aris, you really have to start telling me in advance when you're gonna do that, you scared the hell outta me!" She said to him, playfully shoving his shoulder. 

To her surprise he showed a small, genuine smile on his face, one she hasn't seen in a while. This made her lips turn upward, happy to see her now best friend having some sort of happiness.

"Well you should know by now to expect the unexpected, I thought you figured that out when you saw me in the box." He said, the smile still on his face.

"Touché" She replied. "Now what are you doing here? it's like 2 am?" She said pointing to the ticking clock in the wall of her room, too which he replied with:

"I took Thomas to the vent."

"i'm sorry, who?"

"Thomas is one of the new arrivals, when he saw this one girl pass by the cafeteria Ter-"

"the girl from the testing, I think her names Teresa?" she said interrupting Aris.

"I- how did you know that?"

"Aris, I know everything, you should have figured that out when you first saw me looking at you in the box."

"Touché" Aris and Ren laughed at them; repeating the conversation they just had.

"Anyways" Aris continued " He got concerned about her, I know he didn't trust this place, like us. Plus, I know his friends would listen to him about this. So I took him into the vent to see, and we got a plan." Aris said in a proud tone.

"alright, I trust you."