🍇 19

I can now truly conclude that life is unfair and that it always play games with you

The past few days weren't easy for me. I had to pretend that everything was alright while I travel with my son and Jisoo to the beach. Spending quality time together as if nothing had happened the night before that getaway. I pretend to smile and laugh the whole day which is quite honestly exhausting and cry in the middle of the night silently.

That period while we spend a weekend together in the shelter of the serene beach here in Seoul, I was able to come up with a decision to talk to Bang Sajangnim about my situation and leave the company in a very peaceful manner but guess what,

"But Bangpdnim, i-is there nothing I could do to break the contract?" damn, I'm beyond frustrated I was holding myself together not to scream out loud.

I saw him sigh heavily, fixing his glasses as he tap his pen on his luxurious glass table. We were currently in his office." I wish I could do something Ms. Park but just as what Jungkook tried to do when he first requested you to move out, the contract has been signed for 7 years as their manager, and the only way to revoke this is for you to pay a big amount of damage for the company. And it's not just a few bucks Ms. Park." Fuck! I couldn't help but brush my long hair with my fingers and grab it forcefully because of the nagging headache this had caused me. If I was still with my parents, money wouldn't have been a problem. But the thing is, I'm even hiding from them.

" I know Bang punim but... (I was looking down on the floor on the verge of crying out of frustration.) I... I just want to leave. Just as what might Jungkook have told you, we have a rough past and I think it isn't healthy for the both of us to be together. " he purse his lips and stood up walking on my side and tapping my back.

" I know something had happened and I hope you both settle it out, Ms. Park. As much as I want to be the bridge for you two to make up even atleast as friends, I don't want to barge in. But I do hope that Jungkook's grudge will be healed over time. "

That's when my tears fall. It's just nice to hear someone older than you, someone, who has already gone through life longer and experienced different obstacles to give you something to ponder. But still, inspite of those positive words, how could I face him now?

Now that I already promise I will leave.

_____

"Jungkook requested me, Chae. It's alright. I'll do it." I was surprised. Not because Jungkook never bothered to ask me why I was still here working at them or the fact that he wasn't even grumpy most of the time when he has been all that when I started working in the company but because he ask for Jisoo to do things now rather than me who he's been enslaving all this time.

It was like he just silently allows me to be here and think that I wasn't around at all. He pretends that everything is normal, talks, and asks things Jisoo instead of me.