Chapter Nine

Ciera's Prov:

It had been a half hour since Christian had walked into the house, and I was still debating if I should follow him or not. A lot of things were going through my mind, but the biggest question I had was does Christian like me? I honestly had no proof that he did besides the way that he just acted. Not only that but he has a damn girlfriend, plus he would never like a girl like me. Yet he did seem really upset. I guess I wouldn't know know if he liked me or not unless I asked him. "Excuse me Jason, I have to use the rest room."

"Okay I'll be here waiting for you beautiful." He said to me as he took a sip of his drink. I smiled at him and left the table.

I went into the house searching for Christian. I found him sitting in the living room. "Hey there, feeling a little unsocial?" I asked him as I took a seat next to him on the couch.

"No I'm just waiting for someone to show up. I asked your parents if it was okay."He said to me without quite looking at me. He was acting so weird, I hated how he seemed so distant.

"Cool, so who did you invite?"

"Melody." I had never heard him talk about a girl named Melody. She wasn't someone we talked about when we were with his group of friends the other day.

"That's a nice name."

"Yeah."

"Is something wrong with you? You've been acting weird ever since earlier when Jason asked me out." I said to him getting right to the point. Christian about to answer me when there was a knock at the door. Both Christian and I stood up, he walked over to answer it.

"Hey there goofball!" I heard someone say to him. He leaned out and hugged whoever it was.

"Come in." Christian said as he ushered the person in and shut the door. By the looks of things this must be Melody. She was absolutely beautiful. She had long dirty blonde hair and light green eyes. She was wearing a black shirt with a blue top that looked amazing on her super thin body. She was everything I wanted to be and more.

She looked at and she smiled widely. "You must be Ciera, it's so nice to finally meet you. I would have met you yesterday if my stupid workplace didn't call me in and make me work." She said to me as she grabbed me into a hug. I couldn't help but stand still for a moment. I mean I don't even know her and she was hugging me. I gave he a slight squeeze back.

Then it dawned on me that she must be Christian's girlfriend. She definitely looked like a girl who could be dating him. She and him fit each other perfectly. They were both extremely good looking and friendly, it only made sense. "It's nice to finally meet you as well. You must be Christian's girlfriend? I asked as I stepped back to look at the both of them.

Melody looked at me with a shocked expression as she turned to look back at Christian. He didn't say anything for a moment, but then he smiled and nodded at me. "Yeah this is her, my girlfriend Melody." He said to me as he pulled her over to him. "Isn't that right Melody?" She still looked weird, like she really didn't know what to say. He gave her a slight squeeze and she smiled.

"Sorry I'm just no use to people asking me that question anymore. We've been together for so long now, it feels almost to good to be true." She said as she squeezed him back. I felt anger at hearing her words. I knew Christian had a girlfriend, by knowing and seeing are two totally different things. Now that I saw them together with my own eyes I felt this immediate sense of jealousy.

"Right well why don't we get back to the party." I said to them both moving as quickly as possible away from them. I couldn't believe that I had ever thought Christian could possibly like me. There's no way he could like a girl like me when he had a girl like Melody. She was everything I would never be.