the persecuted, minho

𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞 | the persecuted*

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 | minho

𝐨𝐜 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 | imogen 

𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐞 + 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 | maze runner

𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐬 | available

𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐲𝐩𝐞 | idea, in depth

𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 | assault, bullying, 

𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦 | chelsey reist*

𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧. Thats all that Imogen has ever felt. Pain for having her memories taken. Pain for whoever she lost that she doesn't even remember. Pain for being placed in the middle of a deadly maze with no way out. And pain for being the only girl in amongst a sea of boys. Each pain claws at her, tearing her down until all that is left is a broken body without a hope. 

𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 she should feel relief that she escaped the horrors of her past. Or that she works as a cook for one of the only decent boys in the maze. Maybe she should even feel happy that she has a room to herself away from all the boys. But she doesn't... she feels watched and scrutinised. But when the mostly harmless eyes turn to constant torment, Imogen can't escape anymore. She can't hide in her room or under her special tree in the woods. Her pain evolves and all she she feels is numb. 

𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 she was breaking, no one noticed. Not frypan, who never noticed her flinch every time he put his hand on her shoulder. Not Newt, who was supposed to be the one looking out for everyone's wellbeing. And not Nick, the leader who promised to keep the boys in check. That was until one glader found her mid panic attack in her room and realised something serious was going on. 

𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 at least one person looking out for her made Imogen feel safe, but that didn't mean she was. So while she let her guard down, her tormentor found other ways to shatter her. After all, Imogen was the persecuted.

| 𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐭 |

-She is sent up in the maze earlier on when Nick was still the leader and way before Chuck, Thomas or Theresa

-Her name is 'The Persecuted' and Wicked sent her up because they know some of the boys are dodgy and want to see if her fear could trigger the cure

- A glader named Zac starts making comments about her (especially her being a cook), a lot of the time sexualised. This develops to group harassment with his two friends where they target or corner her (i.e. get her when she is showers and takes her clothes and opens the door on her). Eventually it becomes physical and they use her as a punching bag but avoid the face so people don't know. But they threaten her to not tell others. 

-She becomes super paranoid and tried to never go anywhere by herself, but she isn't friends with any gladers so it's hard. 

-Minho finds her one night having a panic attack because she really needs the bathroom but can't go alone, he doesn't understand but offers to walk her there if she wants.

-He starts to take notice of the boys staring at her and notices that she looks afraid all the time. He gets Newt to look out for her when he is running the maze. Newt also notices her limping but she refuses to tell him anything.

-Another glader Sammy sees her break her hand with a hammer to avoid Zac going near her and tells Minho, and agrees to help him.

- Zac tries to go further with her (sexually) but she punches him and runs. So he tries to burn her in a fire in the kitchen, when she is saved he tells her that she will never escape him.

-As it goes along, it is Minho trying to gain her trust because he knows something is going on, and Zac getting worse with his threats and 'beatings' etc.

- As the final breaking point for Imogen, Zac takes his beating too far and gives her a concussion and bruises everywhere. Minho sees the bruises and immediately asks her and she breaks to him

- Minho tells Nick and they hold a meeting to discuss, Sammy, Minho and Newt all speak about it. Imogen comes in the give a statement and has to stay while they question Zac. He just ends up manipulating them all to believing him

- Imogen escapes the 'hearing' and runs into the maze to escape it all, when Minho finds her to bring her back she just screams telling him to leave her. When she gets back into the glade she was given time in the slammer for running away and telling lies.

- Nick finds Zac choking her in the slammer and sentences him to the maze. Imogen doesn't leave her room and Minho has to take food to her when he gets back from running and gets Sammy to take breakfast and lunch

- Minho becomes her support and when he goes running he assigns Sammy to stay with her. She doesn't really talk to anyone else and no longer needs to work

-Nick dies and Alby makes Imogen work again which sets her off when one of Zac's friends makes a comment. When Minho finds out from Frypan he punches the guy

- When Thomas shows up, in his dreams he remembers her. 

- Her and Minho develop feelings for each other because they are always together and when he is stuck in the maze she is unconsolable 

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞 | this story does have a trigger warning, and if any writer is uncomfortable to include any form of assault then that is completely fine and we can discuss other alternatives