~Hunted~

Aidan, Astrid and I stood outside of the forest. Watching the trees intensely for any sound or smell that would indicate that they where near. The hunters...
Where they really here to hunt us or a feral? We didn't know. We could only hope that they where reasonable vampire hunters who knew that sane vampires didn't hurt humans and that this camp got their blood supply from hospitals that the elders had connections to. Compulsion played a big part in keeping humans far away from the camp and getting a good flow of blood supply, even if we where low and Kyles special blood jelly's got smaller and smaller every week.
Hesitantly we made our way deeper into the forest. Our feet slipping into the cold mud.
My mind was racing once again, I didn't know if I should be scared and ready for anything or level headed and try to reason with whoever was in these woods.
Asian And Astrid followed behind me as the golden sunlight broke through the trees and illuminated the forest, blooming has already began as soon as the snow melted, we where surrounded by naked trees and slowly blooming flowers as the weather got warmer.
We carefully walked deeper and deeper into the dead forest as a almost frightening atmosphere looked over us. We where scared, as much as we knew we had the upper hand it was still scary to know that someone was out here, hunting our kind.

"Lyn, what exactly is our plan?" Ash asked from behind Aidan, her voice almost shaky.
I didn't really know, I knew we needed to find the hunters and either get rid of them or talk to them. Either way we needed to get them as far away from the camp as possible.
"We find them and get them out of here one way or the other" I answered, unsure as to why I was the one in charge.
Azima must have warned the elders by now, they can handle themselves in a fight for sure but they where probably safe in their common room.
I just hoped we wouldn't run into a feral either, Azima mentioned that most vampire hunters only hunt feral, that it was rare that they hunted the vampires who where still in control of themselves and have not turned into mindless killing machines. I didn't think I could look at a feral without feeling guilt and pity for it. They must've tried so hard not to kill, to turn but they just lost control and that was a sad fact.
I didn't know why humans would take it upon themselves to get rid of feral vampires, but they did, and they're here in these woods, and they scared me.
I was presumed murdered back in my home town, brutally murdered. I couldn't leave this camp even if I wanted to, even if I had a plan as to what I wanted out of life! That chance was messed up by god damn emotions, emotions that killed Sam too. My pictures where probably in the news for the past week or so, there's an open investigation into my murder so if I left this camp, or god forbid this camp would ceased to exist because of a couple hunters, someone would recognise me out here in the real world and I can't put myself or my family through that.

*

"We're going in circles" Aidan complained as he slapped a twig out of the way.
"No. We are looking for tracks or smell and if it takes hours then we'll track them for hours" I barked back.
"Are you sure they where not just humans who got lost?" Aidan turned to Ash and she shook her head.
"What humans have stakes and axes?"
"Fair point" He turned back to the path I walked out for them. The watch tower sat next to the cafeteria, it was just a large building that was only a lever taller then the elders building but it oversaw most of the surrounding forest. Spotting hunters was most likely a lucky incident as the tower is usually empty. Alerting me was probably not the best idea though. Yes I was pretty good at quick thinking since my turning, yes I've been trained in hand to hand combat for the past few weeks and yes I was a hybrid, which made me the highest ranked vampire just under the elders. But I still felt way out of my element as a leader, even if that was what feeders where best at. My overthinking could lead us into a dead end or even killed unless the hunter we are dealing with are just as weak as Azima.

I was sniffing the air and trying to catch any sudden movement.
Aidan was right, we have circled through the whole forest at least twice by now and we caught no scent, it was infuriating to know that they where good at their job and went almost unnoticed in a forest that surrounded a camp full of vampires. We didn't bring any weapons either, not like we had any. It would've been nice to have something to lay back on apart form pure strength, after all we had no clue what type of equipment they had apart form the stakes and axes. Stakes to pierce the heart and axes to cut the head off. How brutal, how strange to think of being beheaded...