Dances.

Okay, can we take a moment to talk about school dances?

1) why.

2) why.

3) why.

If I wanted to watch people grind in a mass of bodies I would go somewhere much sleazier and be drunk while doing so.

And I'm 18, guys. Like I'm not even legal to drink yet (if school dances are that bad...).

what's the point of going to school dances when I could put bull horns in my ears, sET MYSELF ON FIRE, AND FEEL THE SAME WAY?????

I hate dances. I'm a senior, and I've been to a total of 4 dances.

1) freshman year homecoming

2) sophomore year homecoming

3) sophomore year winter formal

4) prom when I was a junior and that only happened bc I was on committee and I got in for free.

At my school, homecoming happens in mid-October. One time it happened earlier than that. I'm also in band. So homecoming to me doesn't equal happy fun times with football games with friends and nachos and going inside when it gets cold and a cool parade I get to watch.

It means countless hours on the field rehearsing our homecoming performance that the entire town sees, and spending my Friday nights at a cold ads football game with a cold trombone, wondering when I can eat because I'm starving. We lead that Damn parade people.

That's homecoming/football season.

Thank god we aren't a large school with a traveling band. I'd kill someone.

.......

............................

What's the lesson kids?

If you're in band...homecoming isn't a fun time...it's a hurdle unto which you must do your best to make it over.

Dances aren't fun.

Peace

P.S. the picture up top is my band family before Colorado decided to kick our asses and get cold. Love those freaks. Love. Them.