Chapter 22: Birdbrain and Legolas {Part 2}

Previously:
Natasha shook her head as the video played from where they had left.

Now:
Nat turns to Steve and says, "Oh wait, what about that girl from accounting? Lau- Laura?"

"Lillian. Lip piercing right?"

"Yeah she's cute."

"Yeah I'm not ready for that."

"We tryna get Cap a date?" Tony asks, amused. Cap just shakes his head.

"You guys were talking about that when Sitwell was falling to his death?" asked Sam, raising an eyebrow. Nat shrugged and replied, "He didn't die."

Just then something- Sam flies in, holding a screaming Sitwell. He drops him and lands a little further away. Music starts to play as his wings fold into themselves.

"......what THE HECK? That was.... amazing. The tech is mind blowing." Said Howard. The others from the past were unable to believe it. 

"Eh, it was okay." Said Rocket. 

"Though I do like it. How much for the wings?" Sam's smirk was replaced by a frown. 

"It's not for sale."

"Ill pay you a thousand units."

"What the hell is even that?"

"Space currency." Answered Thor. 

"How do you even know that? Wait, don't answer that. You're an alien."

"Space currency? And I thought you were the Norse god Thor." Cut in Peggy. 

"I am a god. But we are from a different world so we are aliens to you. Aliens to you are beings from a different world than yours right?" Said Thor. 

"Right...okay."

"Can we continue?"

Right away.

Steve and Nat walk over two Sitwell who holds up his hand and starts spilling.

"Zola's algorithm is a program! For choosing insight targets."

"What targets?"

"You. The TV anchor in Cairo, the undersecretary of defense, a high school valedictory in Iowa, Bruce Banner, Steven Strange, anyone who's a threat Hydra. Now....or in the future."

Nat looks at Steve.

"In the future? How could it know?"

Sitwell laughs. Sam walks closer, listening intently.

"How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught Hydra how to read it."

Steve and Nat stare at him. The smile melts of his face as he further explains.

"Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores. Zola's algorithm evaluates peoples past to predict their future."

"What then?"

Realization dawns on Sitwell's face as he resigns to his fate.

"Oh my god. Pierce is gonna kill me."

"What then?" asks Steve, a little louder.

"Then the Insight hellicarrier scratches people of the list. A few million at a time."

Everyone was speechless. Then someone from the AcaDeca said, "We could have died because... our information, personal information was in the wrong hands and just because they thought we might be threats to them. Without the Avengers....."