chpt 10

Y/n POV

Me standing in front of a wooden door and it intimidating me is not how I wanted my Sunday to go. If anything I think I can go for another round of Jeongyeon's hellish workout than to be here. I've taken on opponents who are just the definition of monsters but this specific wooden door takes the cake.

"Come on damn it"
I whisper to myself as I take a tiny step forward and sqeeze the strap of my duffle bag while the other hand goes up and makes contact with the wooden door.

                 *KNOCK KNOCK*
I release a breathe i didn't even know i was holding and make my way back to my spot and hope I have made my presence known to someone in the Bae house.

I close my eyes and chant in a whispered tone "let it be yeri" many times until the door opens.

If it weren't for the presence of the other human. I would've gotten to the floor and cried in happy tears that it's just Yeri that opened the door. But this euphoric feeling has been cut short of the realization that she does not have my shirt at hand.

Damn it.

"Hi Yeri, I'm here to pick something up that is mine". I flashed her a friendly smile.Yeri gave a sly smirk and let me in pushing me toward her sisters room.

I had a mind set to just get my shirt and bolt out of this place. I knocked on Irene's door and was responsed by nothing. I looked over my shoulder at Yeri with a eyebrow raised and she replied with a shoulder shrug.

After the shrug she surprised me by opening the door and shoving me inside Irene's room. I fell on the floor causing a small earthquake because i could tell Yeri didn't skip arm day. Before I got up she closed the door and left.

'Shit' I thought

I have to get out of here before Irene knows I'm in her room. I dare not to scan her room and just make my way to the door but my attention shifts to a sudden noise.

A door opens from across the room and Irene comes out with only a towel and with damp hair. My eyes quickly wonder around the room and find interest on her bed... which had her INTIRE outfit layed out on it. My eyes quickly move to the floor that is under my feet.

"I- Im sorry I...it- um..... I'm just here for my shirt." I say as calmly as I can ignoring the urge to look up at the female in front of me. The entire room  smelling like a warm lavender is not helping the urge at all. It's just feeding it like gasoline to a very strong fire.

It is becoming very hot in this room. "Iren-" my body flinched when she took a step forward. 'Oh hell nah' I thought as I backed away. My eyes wandered up locking with Irene's. She let out an innocent smile with her perfect and pearly white teeth showing. But the longer we kept our gaze the more I realized her smile was turning into a smirk.

Every step she took forward I took backwards not knowing when my back will hit the wall.

*thud

Already? My back hit the wall and it looks like I'm doomed.

I close my eyes as Irene stretches her left arm forward trapping me. She extends her right and then shuffles can be heard.

*thud*

"Here"
Irene says with a innocent smile as she gives me my shirt. Turns out her drawer is just next to me and she was just going towards it. But I guess I was in the way.

"Um.. thanks"
I say with a small flustered smile.
Thats just great I made a fool of myself in front of my future sister in law. I grab the shirt from her hand and accidentally skim my fingers with her hand.

But my hands don't retreat to the side of my body. No they stay there with Irene's.  Touching. My eyes wondering from the hands to her eyes. Locked.

I lean in and close the distance between our bodies. Hugging her. As my
chin touches her naked shoulder her breathing became shaky. I put my hands around her waist and whispered in her ear "I missed you".

I felt fingers behind my head delicately caressing my hair and neck. "I missed you too" she said it so soft I felt content that she felt the same. Her body warmth making me feel fuzzy, complete, and warm. I could stay like this for hours. Just talking to her about my day or her telling me about her's. Oh only in my wildest dreams. Goodness get a hold yourself y/n remember why we're here.

A knock interrupts the quiet and warm room. " Irene unnie can you make me a snack?" We pull away from each other and I say a quick goodbye and goodnight. I open the door and there was a yeri with a smile on her face. I say a quick goodnight to her as well and run outside with my shirt at hand.

Away from the Bae residence I come to a sudden halt and put my hands on my knees trying to even my breathing. Grinning from ear to ear i look up and notice the stars that light up the dark sky. They are unusually brighter this night. Enjoying the nicely lit up night sky i walk my way home.