Sneak Peek: The Howertys Book #2

The Howertys, Book 2 is Jessica's story. And as I'm sure you've all figured out (it wasn't exactly subtle), she's up against none other than Jacob, Lord Wortham.

 And as I'm sure you've all figured out (it wasn't exactly subtle), she's up against none other than Jacob, Lord Wortham

KISSING THE RAKE

BLURB

Jessica Howerty fell for her brother's best friend when she was a young girl, and never quite recovered. Now, all grown-up, she knows that a disreputable rake like Jacob Hurst is the last thing she should want. After two seasons in London, she's tired of looking for a husband she never wanted anyway. So when Jacob's father offers her to spend the summer at his estate, she thankfully accepts. Then Jacob unexpectedly visits, and her plans for a quiet season are immediately ruined, what with her heart skipping a beat every time the handsome earl is near.

Jacob Hurst, the Earl of Wortham, has worked very hard on his less-than-favourable reputation to ensure he never marries, all to annoy his father. Though sparks fly whenever they're in the same room, he has never allowed himself to think of Jessica as anything other than his best friend's little sister. That all changes when he finds out she's spending the summer at his father's estate. After years of avoiding his ancestral home, Jacob returns home, even if it means he has to spend more time in her presence than is good for his peace of mind. 

SNEAK PEEK

SNEAK PEEK

Jessica must have noticed him staring because she turned her head to look at him, but the moment her cornflower blue eyes met his, she quickly averted her gaze.

Jacob could not refrain from baiting her. "So, what are your suitors doing with themselves now that you're not in London for them to hang around like lovesick puppies?" he asked casually as Olivia dealt the cards for another round.

"I wouldn't know," she said stiffly. "What are your lady friends doing in your absence?"

Olivia looked curiously from one to the other while he chuckled. Jessica had never approved of rakes, and she'd never been shy about telling him exactly what she thought of him.

"Oh, just like me, they have no difficulty finding amusements elsewhere." He grinned, satisfied to see her cheeks flush crimson.

"You are despicable," she muttered.

"So you keep telling me."

"Why do I have a feeling I shouldn't be hearing this conversation?" Olivia looked somewhat amused, even if she obviously didn't quite understand what they were talking about.

"Probably because you shouldn't." He chuckled.

Jessica put down her cards. "I think it is time for us to go inside and get ready for dinner."

"Now?" He pouted. "But we were having such fun. I was just about to win this round."

"You win every round."

"I beg your pardon?" He gave Jessica a quizzical look, not entirely sure he'd heard her correctly. She'd been muttering under her breath, and he had a feeling she wasn't referring to the card game.

 She'd been muttering under her breath, and he had a feeling she wasn't referring to the card game

Link here! ---->>>