Prologue

POV: Cassey's father

My name is Calvin. I am the husband of a gorgeous woman named Ophelia. She is my light, my equal, and the mother of my 2 amazing children. My son, Collin, is the happiest kid to exist. He rarely cries or whines. I love him with all my heart. Then my beautiful daughter, Cassandra, is a smart child. She loves to cook and be what she deems big kid activities. Its Christmas time, a time of the year where Ophelia sits with Collin by the fire place as music fills the room. Cassandra and I cook cookies. The aroma fills the room as we frost the tops of our sugar cookies. Cassandra puts frosting on my stubble and a sweet giggle escapes her mouth. I put more on my face, giving me a Santa Clause like beard. Cassandra lets out a louder giggle.

"Daddy you look like Santa!"

I pick her up and spin with her, both of us laughing. Ophelia comes into the room, Collin following close behind her.

"Wow, Santa I thought you only came when the kids were sleeping"

Ophelia smiled as she neared me, kissing my cheek then Cassandra's. I put Cassandra down and smiled at Collin. He could be shy at times but he would grow out of it. I have a perfect family. I love them with all my heart and that will never change. 

But it did