𝟎𝟏𝟒

|"𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄

|"𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄."|

You groan loudly and immediately glare towards your phone; it had been going off nonstop for the past ten minutes. You begrudgingly push yourself up to lean on the side of your arm and use your other hand to grab your phone. You squint your eyes due to the brightness of your screen, and a loud groan escapes your lips for a second time before reading the notifications.

It was Lisa that had been blowing up your phone, and before you even had time to unlock your phone to start your response back, her name flashed up on the screen. You furrow your brows and push down on the green button, then press the phone up against your ear.

"Y/N!  Finally you answered!" Lisa sighs in relief.

"Lisa, what's going on? It's..." You pause, pulling the phone away from your face in order to check the time: "nine in the morning." You grumble back into the phone once more.

"You need to check out the news channel, right now." Lisa orders hurriedly. You could feel your brow begin to furrow once more at her tone; she sounded nervous and almost frightened.

You quickly do as she says and grab ahold of the remote from the nightstand to turn on the TV, flicking through the channels before finding the news.

"Alright, I'm on the news channel. Now can you tell me what's going on?" you ask, tossing the remote over your shoulder and onto the bed.

A quiet sigh hits your ear from the other end of the line. You don't say anything and silently readjust yourself so you can watch TV at the same time.

"You'll see."

Then the line went dead. You pulled the phone away from your ear and stared at the screen in slight confusion. What was that about?

"Today a young man was found brutally murdered in his own home...police are still investigating the cause of how this happened..."

Your eyes widened upon hearing the words. You slowly lifted your gaze from your phone and towards the TV, and you gasped in shock at the picture being displayed on the big screen.

"Police have also been able to identify the victim as Lee Kai, who was only twenty-five years old."

There he was—the man you thought you'd never have to see again, the man who harassed and traumatised you at the party just a few hours ago. Now the same man was being broadcast on the news for reasons you would never have expected—he was dead.