𝐈𝐈

【 ⟹ 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄】

''Osamu!'' You said as you jumped the fence.

''You're a little late today,'' Osamu says turning around to face you as he beckons you to get off his yard and to the sidewalk.

''Yeah. I had to help my parents with a few things before I left, stuff like that.''

''How are they doing?''

''They're the same, never changing.'' You say as you giggle thinking about how organized your parents are. They really should tidy up a bit more.

As you and Osamu are walking you hear hard footsteps running towards you both. You turn back concerned at the loud noise while Osamu just sighs not even glancing.

'' 'Samu! Why didn't you wake me up?!'' The blonde twin sulked as he caught up with you two.

'' I did wake you up. You just went back to sleep and by the time I tried waking you up the second time, (y/n) had already come so I decided to leave.'' Osamu states.

'' (y/n) this, (y/n) that...'' Atsumu said frowning as his eyes darted to you. His frown had slowly begun to turn into a wry smirk which made you cringe.

''What?'' You said a bit uncomfortable at Atsumu being here. It was like trouble followed wherever he went. Today was supposed to be a good day and you already had contact with him this early in the morning.

'' You and your bad luck almost seem to be like a communicable disease.''

''Bad luck? You carry trouble wherever you go. Maybe I did have it first but surely, you are the holder of it now.'' You retort. You were uninterested in this. You were uninterested in him. It was way too early in the morning.

'' Hm. Later, 'Samu.'' Atsumu says as he starts running to school.

''He always does that.'' You say looking at his figure get further and further away.

''Does what?'' Osamu asks.

''When I always retort, he always ends up running away. He doesn't even say anything else because he knows he can't. It's so lame...''

''Oh! I forgot you're brothers for a second. I apologize.'' You say.

''I understand. Atsumu has had it out for you for about a decade, hasn't he? It almost sounds like you want him to come up with a good insult to throw at you.'' Osamu states.

''Well no. I'll just always have a comeback for whatever he says either way.''

➟➟

As you walked into the school, you separated from Osamu to go to your locker. You heard the usual chatter. It was almost soothing to hear. You were going to miss this once you graduate next year.

You went to class as usual. You were in class 2-5. You didn't have any close friends in this class. They were in the lower classes. Sometimes you wished you were in those classes as well.

Time went slow as you sat tapping your pencil on the table but soon it felt like all the weight in the world had been lifted from your shoulders as the teacher announced it was lunch time.

You packed up your lunch and headed to class 2-1, the room where Suna and Osamu were in.

''Hey.'' You said tiredly as you entered the class sitting in a seat next to the both of them.

''You sound tired.'' Suna states.

''Work is always just eating at me.'' You say smiling as you start to unpack your food.

You hear more and more footsteps coming into the class. It was not unusual for upperclassmen to eat with their juniors which is why you weren't surprised when you saw most of the players from the volleyball team. You weren't particularly close with any of them but you still knew them since you hung around Suna and Osamu a lot.

''You guys didn't even wait for me!'' Atsumu says at the door running towards everyone as they sat down.

''You were busy, chatting with a girl. I didn't want to interrupt.'' Kita states.

''Was it another fangirl?'' Osamu asks.

''You could say that,'' Atsumu said grinning into his food.

You didn't acknowledge him as you continue to eat.

You just continued to be engaged in your conversation with your friends when the topic turned to volleyball practice.

''Maybe I can come and watch you guys?'' You say covering your mouth as you still ate. You never really went to their practices. It's not like you hated volleyball, you just didn't know too much about it. You did know a few things though.

''No. We already have several girls there each day. I don't want another one.'' Atsumu says cutting in.

You scoffed as you gave Atsumu a disgusted look.

''Why? Because I'm so beautiful and you wouldn't be able to take your eyes off me?'' You ask in a mocking tone.

Atsumu looked up at you as he ate then back down to his food.

''Yeah, you'd be surrounded by all those pretty girls you'd really stand out. I definitely wouldn't be able to take my eyes off you.'' Atsumu said quickly, emphasizing on the word ''really''.

Atsumu ignored Kita's cold stare at him. It was hard but he was going to do it. You were the one who mocked him first after all. Kita should really be mad at you not him.

''Oh so does that explain your decrease in your volleyball skills? Are all the pretty girls who come to your practice, evading your thoughts that you can't even do a spike correctly nowadays?'' You said quickly countering his insult.

''God, why Dontcha just shut 'yer mouth, You know absolutely nothing about volleyball. Don't ever tell me my spikes aren't correct when you can't even do one.'' Atsumu said standing up but not without his food. He looked down at you as you ate.

''You throw an insult, you get one back.'' You say standing up as well. You were shorter than Atsumu which meant you had to look up at him but your glare was just as big as his.

Once again, a decade later, his golden-brown eyes met your (e/c) eyes. Even when he was six, you felt like his eyes were filled with hate once he looked into yours. Now, nothing has changed.

You both constantly bickered and it all truly started over a silly petty argument you had when you both were kids.