Chapter 6

Kayla's P.O.V.

I was running again, I was tired of running.

The single tear had been the only tear and I wondered why hadn't cried more, I wanted to.

Then it occurred to me, I hadn't drank much of anything since the boys had arrived and the little liquid I had I had already cried out.

" Screw this," I said, " I never cry,"

" Kayla, slow down," I heard Allison call but I didn't.

I rounded a sharp turn and ran into someone.

I hit the the ground and I heard them hit the ground as well.

" Oh shit,I'm sorry...dad?" I said as he helped me up and saw his face.

" Hey Kay, you've gotten faster and bigger," as he rubbed his chest where I had plowed into him.

Then he looked at his shirt and saw the blood.

" Crap, Kayla. Are you bleeding? He asked.

" No," I said quickly as I put my hands behind my back.

" Ya, nice try hun, let me see it," he demanded holding his hands out.

I hesitantly put my hands in his.

He looked at them intently for a moment then back up at me.

" This isn't your blood is it?" he asked.

I shook my head.

" No," I said but I could tell that he already knew the answer.

" Judging from the fact that it's on your knuckles, I'd say you punched someone. Do you wanna tell me the story or should I ask around to figure it out?" he asked.

I let out a sigh.

" It's nothing. A guy was bugging me about Annie and I lost my temper and punched him. It might of broken it but not to bad," I said and he looked at me for a moment.

" Kayla, you know the rules your mother and I established. No fighting outside of fight class," he said and I hung my head.

" Ah hell, who am I kidding. Up top," he said as he held his hand out.

I grinned and gave him a high five.

" Wait, who was the guy,"he said.

" don't worry dad, he was older than me," I said.

" That doesn't answer my question," he said as my friends finally caught up to me.

" Took ya long enough," I muttered.

" No fair, you're superman fast," Allison said between breaths and I chuckled as I turned back to my dad who was standing with his arms crossed.

" It was Matt Alton," I said and his eyes widened.

" As in Bill and Virginia's son," he said and a I nodded.

" Yup," I said shrugging.

" You do realize that Virginia is one of your mother's best friends, right?" he said.

" I don't really give a crap, he was being a dick," I said simply and he glared at me for a moment and I waited for him to explode.

" I believe it," he said and we all looked at him in surprise.

" What! If he is anything like his dad, I would have punched him too," he stated and I laughed then became serious.

" But what about mom," I said.