18

no one's pov

Y/n has been isolated for a couple of weeks, as she recovered not only physically, but mentally as well. She has been avoiding talking to everyone, except exchanging few words with Aizawa. Class 1-A has scheduled a visit to see Y/n, as a surprise to try and cheer her up.

Y/n laid in her hospital bed, staring at the off-white paint on the ceiling, mentally training herself. Although it wasn't her body, she would imagine herself practicing the martial arts Ojiro and Midoriya have been teaching her before the whole incident. Y/n shook her head in attempt to keep her brain from thinking further, to not trigger another attack.

She sighed and sat up on the bed, stretching her arms. She glanced down at her hand, staring at her fingers that was missing the tips. An image flashed in her brain, the crazy blonde girl with a psychotic smile. Y/n started to breathe heavily, shaking her hand and tucking it underneath her, so she wouldn't have to look at it anymore.

y/n pov

I wonder how everyone is doing.. I heard Bakugou was alive. That's good.. I wonder why they won't let me see everyone... Maybe if I ask-

"She's awake!" I jumped and snapped my head at the cracked open door, to see an excited Kaminari and Sero waving at me. My ears perked up in excitement. The door slid open further, and in walked Class 1-A, except Dad. He had to go back and forth, from my room to another little girl's room.

He's going to introduce us soon, because she's going to be living with us at the school campus. Which I thought was cool! Apparently after our abduction, U.A became a boarding school. Which means we will live on campus!

I smiled, sitting up on my knees as I saw faces I missed. Then.. There he was. I jumped from the bed onto Bakugou with excitement. "The hell??" I let out heavy sobs, gripping onto his shirt. He's alive! But now that I see him, I feel a bit lighter. Like now it's confirmed.. He's okay!

"Woah! Careful Y/n! You are still recovering from you're critical injuries" Iida exclaimed, waving his arms around frantically. I smiled, as I missed his sense of urgency.

I inhaled the familiar sweet scent I loved, and grabbed his hands, placing them on my face. Warm tears filled his palms. I feel safe.

"Ew, Y/n! You're getting your fuckin' snot all over me" Bakugou grimaced, and pushed me lightly back to the bed. I laughed to myself. He's still the same..

He wiped his hands with a tissue, but still rubbed my ears with his rough hands. A small purr erupting in my throat, as he smiled softly, but quickly scowled his normal expression before anyone saw.

"I know we weren't able to visit sooner, I'm sorry about that. But we brought you your favorite! (favorite fruit)!!!" Ashido beamed, holding the basket of fruit over her head proudly.

I smiled and bowed politely, retrieving the basket from her. Everyone seemed to sweat-drop awkwardly, wondering why I wasn't speaking. Truth is.. I'm not sure either. I can't seem to stop the word vomit when I do speak, so I stopped myself altogether. Which is another reason Dad is taking me to therapy for.

But.. Heroes don't go to therapy.. Do they? I'm still different.. aren't I..

My ears drooped, as frustration washed over me. "Y/n, are you excited to see the dorms? They're pretty cool" Midoriya smiled, trying to lighten up the atmosphere in the room. I nibbled on the fruit and nodded my head, not really interested anymore.

"Uh.. guys? is it just me or is she like.. avoiding to talk to us?" Kirishima whispered to the rest of the group. I frowned. "Thank you" I forced out, hoping they won't leave me, just because I'm not talking. Please don't go.

They jumped and got a little excited. "Your room is next to mine" Yaomomo smiled, sitting on the hospital bed next to me, placing her hand on my shoulder comfortingly. I flinched, but eased into her touch.

"That's really.. cool" I whispered, eating more fruit to avoid the eyes on me in the room. I really don't want them to go, but.. It's starting to feel stuffy in here. I started to tug at my hospital gown and wipe my sweat from my face. I.. I can't breathe! Calm down, I just need to calm down.

I took in deep breaths and scooted away from Yaomomo, drinking some water I had. Don't freak out, don't freak out! I didn't feel the tears streaming down my face, as I focused on my breathing. Because of my stupid crying, I startled everyone, as most rushed out of the room. No! Don't go! I started to sob harder, and tug at my ears.

It's your fault they're gone.

No it's not, stop it!

"My fault.. They left...My fault!" I cried.

"Y/n, its okay. They went to get your dad. We didn't leave, I promise" Asui soothed, placing a wet cloth on my forehead to cool me down. Yaomomo nodded, gently tugging my hands away from death gripping my ears.

Dad rushed in, calming me down as the students waited outside. I wasn't allowed to shift into my cat form yet, but the urge kept getting stronger. I need to change.. I need to-

"Miki"

I looked up and saw Dad smiling down. I stared back in awe. He never smiles. At least not like that.. It's new. Different?

"Do you want to meet someone?"

"Not really.." I whispered, tugging on my tail.

"She really wants to meet you. Midoriya is going to come too. How bout' it?"

Who knows about me? Midoriya is coming too? I gripped onto his sleeves, glancing at the door, then back at him. "You'll stay with me?"

"Yes. I'll stay with you"

I nodded my head and slid my feet into slippers. Holding into Dad's hand, I walked with him down the hall to see Midoriya waving at us. And so was a tall blonde boy with shiny blue eyes. Who's that?

"Y/n! You're up and walking! Im so glad" Midoriya smiled. "Hey there! You must be Mr. Aizawa's daughter, right!"

Daughter..? I looked up at Dad and twitched my ear. I mean, I call him Dad, but I'm not his.. daughter.

I shook my head, feeling another headache. "My name is Mirio Togata! I helped out at the raid" He smiled, bending down to my level to poke my ear gently. I giggled and hid behind Dad slightly. He's so weird...

"Hi.."

"Well, Lets go in, shall we? Eri would like to talk to us" Mirio explained, opening the door we were standing in front of. Eri?

I walked in the room, to see a little girl sitting on the bed, facing the window. Wait a minute...

She turned her head to look at us, sitting up at attention. I dropped to my knees, tears streaming down my face. It's the little girl I couldn't save! She's... She's alive! She's alive! She's okay!

"Miki-"

"You're okay!" I sobbed, stumbling towards her and grabbing her shoulders. I peered into those familiar red eyes that stared at me in fear when I first reached out to her at that cold place. But now, she's not scared. Her eyes aren't fearful.. They seem more, curious? "I'm.. sorry, I was there a- and.. and I-" I choked on sobs.

The little girl named Eri seemed shocked, but grabbed my face in her small hands. "You're that cat, right?"

I nodded, laughing a bit. I let her go immediately, when I saw her scarred arms and legs. Did that man do that to her? Did-

"Miki..." Dad stopped me, picking me up and placing me next to him on the chair. He gently stroked my messy hair, calming me down.

I grabbed him arm, holding it close to me as I listened to what Eri wanted to tell us.

ofc im giving you trauma. i'll fix it a bit, i'm not saying trauma can be fixed immediately. Deep emotional wounds in real life take time to heal, but this is just a story. So I will speed up your mental recovery. I know these current chapters are pretty dark, I'm not sure if they need trigger warnings..? If you think they do, I apologize and will gladly put them.

anyways onto the next chapter :)