8

aizawa pov

I got home and finally put Miki to bed. I didn't have patrol tonight, so I figured to use this time and research Miki's background. I headed to my office, Yoko trailing behind me. "Hey, bud" I smiled, as he jumped onto the desk and laid down, watching what I was doing. I patted his head gently and sighed.

"Its been a rough week, huh"

Yoko shook his head and sneezed out in annoyance. Easy for you to say, I've been dealing with that weird thing ever since she got here! Yoko thought pouting a bit.

I smiled and pulled out the paperwork I had put away in the mini cabinet. "Yoko.. It seems you and Miki can communicate.. I can't have you tell her anything, I will tell her what she needs to know when the time comes" I warned. He stared at me with those old, life-filled eyes. In a way, I knew he understood. But a bit of me was uncomfortable about the fact that he CAN understand me. But he's been with me for years, since I was a teen myself. I love him, and I know I can trust him.

Hmm... F/N L/N... That's actually a nice name.

I searched through the paperwork that involved Y/N's mother.. which wasn't much.  M/N Chisaki... Where have I heard that last name before? The paper work just shows she has gone missing not long after Y/N's birth.

She also had a missing brother. My eyes widened.

𝙺𝚊𝚒 𝙲𝚑𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚔𝚒.

It seems he is currently under surveillance, being the leader of the Shie Hassakai. So that's where I remember seeing his name. Y/N is related??

After a few more hours research, I decided to fall asleep. Maybe it is time to explain to Miki about her name, and how I found her? I was half asleep, but my brain was awake, and buzzing like crazy.

Before I knew it, it was already morning as Miki pounced on me to wake up. "Mornin' Daddy!!" She squealed and covered herself up in my blankets. I groaned and forced my eyes open, looking at the time. 9:00? It feels like I just fell asleep.

I got up slowly and ruffled Miki's long hair. Hmm... Maybe she needs a hair cut.. But do I take her to a groomer, or a hairstylist?? If I cut her hair in her human form, will that affect her fur?? And Vice Versa?

I shook my head. Too early to be thinking..

Yoko came into the room, more slowly than usual. He belted out a big meow, and Miki squealed in delight, clapping her little hands. "Breakfassttt!!!"

As we were eating breakfast, I unconsciously watched Miki as she ate. "What's wrong, Daddy? I-I mean Dad" She corrected herself, giggling nervously.

"Hey, do you want to know what your human name is?" I asked, a little smile on my face trying to ease her tension so she doesn't turn into a cat today. "A human name?" She asked, her ear flickered with interest.

"Your name is Y/N"

She paused, immediately not chewing her food anymore. "Y/N" She tested.

I'm not sure how she's taking it, since she stayed silent longer than what I anticipated for. "What do you think?" I broke the silence awkwardly.

"I guess its okay.." She shrugged, and continued to eat. Okay?

"Do you not like it?"

"What if people don't know me no more if you call me Y/N? What if people don't like my new name?" She teared up, pushing her plate away slightly.

My heart squeezed in regret. I didn't fucking mean itttt!!!!! (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞

"Ah! Miki, it's okay, don't cry!!" I picked her up and placed her in my lap, rocking her back and forth. "I didn't mean to make you cry.. If you don't like that name, we will keep addressing you as 'Miki' Im sorry.. Im sorry" I kept muttering, hoping she wouldn't burst out in sobs.