𝟘𝟞.

•○•

Day before Christmas Break

School has been going smoothly for the freshman class of superheroes. Especially for young Esmerelda, everyday she learns something new and everyday she gets to experience a new 'powerup' as she calls them.

Nurse Spex was also grateful for the extra help around the nurse's office. So many kids came in and out of Boomer's class that needed bandaged up. There were also a few incidences where it wasn't Boomer's fault, Mr. Medulla liked to use example rays or crystals on students to show them 'examples'.

Minor scrapes or bruises that just needed some ice or a band aid. Nothing to serious that Esme couldn't handle. It's when people got on the wrong side of a student who had a really nasty power. Not nasty in a bad way, but if you were to cross them, you's get a nasty affect from it.

Esme remembered one day, a student was whispering and talking bad about Warren's dad. Esme knew that talking about their villain fathers was a sore subject, more for Warren then Esme. A fire ball blazed through the air and grazed the arm of Garrett, who was talking smack. Now, Esme would never say that Garrett deserved it, but when you talk about a sore subject such as that, your asking for it.

Esme was also making some new friends as well, although they had their own friend groups as well, Esme was just happy to have people to talk to besides Warren. (Who by the way is like talking to a brick wall.)

Even though Esme was getting new friends, she still tried her hardest to talk to Warren and to get him talking to her. Or to atleast say hi at school. He hadn't physically spoke to her since she played at the Paper Lantern. Even then...that was a note.

She had almost given up, but then she saw the smallest little smile appear on his lips when she had told a corny joke about Mr. Medulla's head. So, she knew she was getting somewhere.

Warren was a tough nut to crack though, he didn't want to make any friends and he didn't want to be seen with anybody except when he had too. But even though Warren was a fortified barricade, Esme saw the good inside of him that he was trying so hard to push away and show no one.

It was one of the many human parts of her that resonated when she needed it too. So, being the good person that Esme was, she had begged her mom to let her borrow some money to get her favorite people at Sky High a present before they all went their separate ways for the holidays.

For Ron Wilson, Esme had gotten him a new Sky High cap. Since the local school bullies liked to trash his all the time. For Mr. Medulla, she had gotten him a rare flytrap that was injected with radioactive waste that her mother had no room for or the time to care for. Coach Boomer was going to receive a fire proof uniform for gym since Warren seemed to always be throwing fire balls his way.

Mr. Boy, though he wasn't one of Esme's teachers, had a soft spot in Esme's heart. He was a sidekick who had gotten casted aside when the Commander found his wife. So for him, Esme had picked out a picture of them taken on her birthday and framed it with the words '#1 Hero Support' along the frame.

Principal Powers along with her other teachers, would receive mugs with her favorite pictures of them together on them. For her other friends, she had gotten them all a little something something that complimented their powers.

Esme had a hard time thinking of what to get Warren for Christmas, she didn't know much about him except that he is a pyro, he doesnt like a lot of people, his house was beautiful, he likes philosophical books and poems.