08.

•○•

Winter break had ended for the young superheros and was time for school to begin again. Esme was happy that she was going to see her friends once again and begin her second part of freshman year.

Into the early morning of Monday, Esme had woken up from the loud ringer of her alarm that made her head want to explode. Happiness and excitement filled her body once she realized why her alarm was on.

Jumping up from her bed, she made her way over to her closet. The cold, wooden floor beneath her sending shivers into her body which hadn't adjusted to how cold her room was in the morning.

Deciding that today would be a rather cold one, Esme decided to throw on some layers. First was a pair of black leggings with diamonds plaid going up and down, followed by a white long sleeved blouse with black accents.

Black, heeled boots that came up to her knees slid up her legs without a problem with her white and black socks accompanying them. Pulling her favorite sweater over her blouse took her some time because the sleeves didn't want to cooperate together. She soon got a hang of it and fixed her hair once the sweater was on. Her outfit was soon complete, but something was missing. Looking around her she searched until she found what she was looking for.

The diamond necklace, her father had given her, was there lying down on her desk. Esme was hesitant at first about receiving gifts from her father, just because she didn't know whether it was for genuine reasons or villainous ones.

After a few visits though, she could tell her father was getting better. It was almost like he was a whole different person now, where as when he turned dark, his eyes hadn't glistened once.

Now everytime she goes to visit him, that sparkle is always there. Esme couldn't help but try to forgive her father for his wrong doings. Everyone makes mistakes, even those closest to her. Esme was one to always give someone a second chance, whether they accepted it or not was completely up to themselves.

"Esme! The bus will be here shortly!" Elizabeth had shouted to her daughter, wondering what was taking so long.

Esme, snapping out of her daydream, grabbed the necklace and shoved it into the pocket of her coat. Walking downstairs with her bag slung over her shoulder, she smiled at her mother.

"Good morning mom, sorry I was just thinking of something and didn't realize what time it was." Esme explained to her mother as she kissed her cheek, grabbing an apple.

"Bye mom! Have a good day." Esme called out to her mother before she left the house.

Today, for some reason in Esme's mind, felt like it was going to be a good day. The sun was shining brightly on the sidewalk, making the skin on Esme's face heat up in a beautiful way.

Once she had gotten to the bus stop, it didn't take long for the bus to pull up. The doors opened and inside was run waiting for the hero to get on the bus.

"Good morning Ron." Esmerelda curtseyed playfully, giggling to herself before walking back to her seat.

Her eyes had trailed to the window which shown the passing by scenery as they entered Warren's neighborhood. Standing there at his bus stop, was the hothead who seemed annoyed and pissed off at the world.