𝟙𝟙.

•○•

Esme could still hear those words replaying in her head over and over again like a vindictive song that got stuck in your head by accident. Except, this was no accident, Esme's dad had called with big news for both her and her mother.

Sitting on the bus waiting to get to school, she could replay every fragment of that moment in her mind pike a record player.

'Flashback'

' "Hi dad." Esme nervously whispered through the phone.

"Hi baby. Is your mother there? I have some news for all of us so if you could get her that would be wonderful sweetheart." Johnathan insisted his daughter to get their mother before spilling the beans.

Setting the phone down on the machine, she pressed the hold button. Slowly taking one step at a time to the back yard where her mother was tending to the plants and garden foods who needed extra attention in the winter season.

Elizabeth heard the soft crunch of soil behind her making her lift her head up to see her daughter, bringing a smile to her face before seeing the look on Esme's face.

"Esmerelda? What is the matter?" Elizabeth sat the potted plant down on the ground before walking fastly over to her teenage daughter who would always have a smile on her face. Even when in pain.

"Dads on the phone. He said to come get you because he has some news he wants to tell the both of us." Esme slipped the words carefully out of her mouth so she didn't ramble to say them to fast.

"Y-your father?" Elizabeth stuttered, strutting her way up to the house where an anxious Johnathan waited over the phone.

"Johnny?" Questioned Elizabeth through the phone, she had been in touch with Johnathan more than Esme had, but Elizabeth knew him longer and knew that what he had done wasn't like him.

"Lizzie? Thank you, I am so glad you two are here now to hear the big news." Johnathan cleared his throat as Elizabeth put him on speaker.

"The superhero court has ruled in favor of granting me parole on my extension of good bebehavior. They said that if I continue the way I have been and go to  goodness therapy sessions as schedule I can get out as early as Saturday afternoon!" He roared theough the phone, making the whole cell block rumble.

Both girls were a bit lost for words, sure both were happy to here that, more Elizabeth than Esme. But Esme also didn't know a life where her father wasn't in prison. He had been there since she was little and that's how it has been. Her mind was racing as she ran upstairs to her bedroom to clear her mind.

"Esme!" Elizabeth yelled for her daughter, sighing softly before rubbing her forehead.

"Let her register it dear, she doesn't need to accept it right away, after all I have done. I can atleast give her some space." Johnathan said his goodbyes to the love of his life before hanging up and walking back to his cell, feeling like a changed man.