12.

The days seemed to be blending together for the young teenage girl who was saddened that in a few short months, school would be out for summer and she wouldn't see her friends at all.

Especially Warren.

Esme's mom usually took her to a new traveling destination of her choosing, but she knew that since her father was getting out soon, that may change. Or her father would want to come, well, obviously, since her mom and dad aren't divorced.

It was a lot for Esme to take hold of her mind, so she tried to focus on something different. The weekend was coming up soon, and she was planning on taking her guitar out for a show since she hadn't sang in a while.

While Esme continued to get lost in her thoughts, staring out of the small rectangular window of the flying bus, Yasmine decided to start pestering Warren about the dance.

Because if he didn't do it now, he probably wouldn't any time soon. So she had a few different idea's, Esme had been telling Yas about how she would be at the town commons playing for the people who passed by.

"Psst....hey Warren?" Yas softly called his name from a seat in front of them on the bus.

Warren didn't feel like talking much, considering the only person he normally talked to was currently staring out the window, not giving much conversation with her earbuds in.

Looking up, Warren's face was a hard one to be so calm and mature talking to. Yas wasn't frightened by Warren or scared to talk to him at that, so she just smiled and wiggled her eyebrows at him.

"So...you going to Spring formal this year?" Yas whispered, trying to be careful so nobody heard, especially Esme.

"No." Was the only word that left the lips of Warren Peace. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back against the school bus seat.

Yasmine wasn't going to give up, though, cause she was determined to convince Warren to ask her best friend to the dance.

"I get it. It's prolly not your scene. But... you know whose scene it is? Esme's! And I bet she is really excited to go." Yas tried her hardest to get through to him what she was laying down.

Warren caught onto her drift and opened his eyes. It was what they were talking about the other day on the bus. He sighed and stared ahead at Yasmine with a dead looking face.

"What do you want from me?" Warren asked, grumbling under his breath.

"Alright. So imma lay it down for you right now. If you don't ask Esme to the dance, she's prolly gonna end up going with Lash or Klyde or Demetri." Yas lied, knowing fully well if Warren didn't ask Esme, she wouldn't go at all.

Warren's heart camw to a stop at the mention of Esme going to the dance with another guy. Especially those three, considering they were womanizers and horrible people in the first place.

"And you don't want to ruin the first dance of Esme's high school career, do you? I don't think so." Yas huffed and sat down on her seat. Smirking as she knew she had gotten him flustered and overthinking.

Collecting their bearings and materials, they all got up from the bus seats and began walking to class. Esme took her earbuds out and looked up towards Warren.