𝟘𝟙.

•○•

'She is both hellfire and holy water. And the flavour you taste, depends on how well you treat her.'

A book of quotes gifted to Esmerelda by the one and only, Johnathan Craine. Esme already was having a rough morning, her hair sticking up like someone had just rubbed 100 balloons over her head. That was the usual, what wasn't usual to her was receiving a gift from her father.

From prison, Johnathan couldn't do much, but he did gift some presents from time to time. Usually just on birthdays or Christmas, but for some reason this one came on the day of Esme's first day of school.

Elizabeth was in the kitchen watching the news like she did almost every morning, while making a delicious breakfast for her daughter. She was beyond excited that her only daughter, well child for that matter, would be starting school at Sky High today.

Elizabeth remembered how it felt like yesterday that she graduated and became known around the world as Venus. Those days were long over though, after Esmerelda was born, Elizabeth just decided that being a superhero wasn't right for her anymore. So she decided to open her own plant nursery.

From there she was able to tend to her plants with her daughter just being in ear shot from the house.

Esmerelda was frantically searching her closet for something worthy of wearing for the first day. She threw skirts, shorts, pants, everything out of her closet until she found the perfect outfit.

It was a small, yet modest white dress with beautiful and intricate floral design. The back of the dress was empty, showing off the ever so soft and smooth skin of Esmerelda's back. It also showed off the tattoo that her mother allowed her to get for her birthday. Esme paired the dress with a pair of lavender sandals with a white flower on top, and her white and brown back pack.

Her hair was thrown up into a messy bun as she skipped down the steps of the cottage and into the kitchen. Smelling the warm and delectable aroma that flew threw the air and into her nostrils.

"What is on the menu for today mother?" Esme asked playfully, setting her bag down and grabbing a plate.

"We have scrambled eggs, toast, fresh fruit, and honey I just collected from the hives today." Elizabeth smiled as she poured some juice into a glass for her daughter.

Esme's mouth watered at the sight of the delicious food, but knew she shouldn't eat too much. She didn't want to have a full stomach and be groggy on the first day. So, she ate only a decent portion before kissing her mother on the cheek and heading out the door.

Esme walked along the sidewalk down to the bus stop. Once she stood at the stop, she looked both ways for a bus, but never saw one coming. It was about 3 minutes after that a bus pulled up and opened its doors. A man who was most likely in his late 20's to early 30's was sitting in his seat smiling.

"Morning!" Esme said nicely as she stepped into the bus.

"Good morning freshman. My name is Ron Wilson, bus driver. What is your name?" Ron asked while fixing his cap as Esme looked at the students on the bus.

She cleared her throat softly before stating proudly and firmly.

"Esmerelda Craine, but you can call me Esme." As soon as Esme had said her last name, almost the entire student population on the bus gasped and began whispering.

Esme rolled her eyes before looking back at Ron.

"Well go on a take a seat Miss Esme." Ron said politely as Esme nodded and walked back on the bus. She looked around for an empty seat, but there were none.

Although Esme was saddened that people were judging her just because of her dad, she was glad that it had helped her get a seat. A boy stood up and got into another seat with a student, leaving her a seat completely opened.

Esme smirked and sat down next to the window, the bus began to move once again until it stopped to pick up another kid. Esme didn't look up to see who it was, all she wanted was to get off that bus and get to Sky High.

Once the bus started to move again, Esme was envisioning every aspect of her new school. Wondering if it was going to be everything her mother said it would be.

As Esme's head was wondering, a sudden force compelled her to look down and break her focus. Two seatbelts crossed over her chest and a metal bar that you would usually only find on a rollercoaster at a theme park, crossed over her lap.

Her eyes were widened as she saw the bus rolling towards the end of a road, everyone was screaming their heads off as they thought that this would be the end of their lives. Luckily for them, Ron was a great bus driver and knew how to handle the situation.

As he activated the rocket boosters, the bus shot into the sky and up into the clouds. Parting the clouds so they could see the famous school that they would soon be apart of.

"Kept aloft by the latest in anti-gravitational propulsion. She is always in constant motion." Ron's voice trailed off as Esme's eyes were glued onto the amazing floating rock that held their school in place.

The bus slowly came to a halt, a little rocky, but it was their first day so it was probably just a first day jitter thing for Mr. Ron Wilson.

Esme was one of the last of the students to get off the bus. Looking around, she took in the scene infront of her. So many students and people with interesting talents and powers. It was almost mesmerizing. Among the group of freshman, Esme noticed another person that most of the students kept away from.

He kept to himself and was almost 3 feet away from the whole group. His eyes glared daggers into anything he stared at for too long, his name was Warren Peace.

Esme had heard of him and his father, she felt almost sympathetic towards him because she knew too what it was like to be the spawn of a terrible person. Although, she would never say that to his face.

Soon, a girl who was dressed in all pink, named Gwen Grayson as she spoke, began leading all of the students towards the gym where they would take place in power placement. Esme's eyes never left the teenage, punk, bad boy who was all the way in the back.

She didn't know it then, but that young boy would have the biggest impact on her first year at Sky High.