𝟘𝟚.

•○•

Once the group of 15 or so freshman stood inside the gym, a seemingly beautiful bundle of light flew into the room and right next to the podium which stood infront of them.

"Good morning, I am principal powers. On behalf of all faculty and staff, welcome to Sky High!" The enthusiasm that radiated from her voice was beyond terrifying and sickening.

"In a few moments you will go through power placement, and your own heroic journey will begin." Esme's eyebrows furrowed when she heard power placement.

She wondered if that meant either being divided into categories depicting your powers.

"For now, good deeds and good luck. COMETS AWAY!" Esme squinted her eyes as the bright beam of light came back and left within a flash.

As the principal left, a voice was soon heard behind the group. They all turned around and were met with a middle aged man who looked like he had no choice but to be here.

"All right, listen up. My name is Coach Boomer, you may know me as Sonic Boom, you may not." Esme wasn't sure if he was being serious considering the attire he was wearing and with the fact that she had never heard of this so called, 'Sonic Boom'.

But, nonetheless, she stood tall and proud waiting for her chance to show everyone what powers were exactly. One by one as each one of her classmates got called up onto the stage, she could feel stares burning into her head. One more then anyones.

She didn't turn around though, her mind focused on the task at hand and that was too ace power placement.

Unfortunately, one student wasn't lucky enough to escape Coach Boomers wrath, so Esme helped them down to Nurse Spex' office.

"Ahh well, there is always one that needs to come to the infirmary cause of Bokmer's antics. Thank you miss..eh?" Nurse Spex didn't recall the name of the child that looked so familiar to her.

Esme looked up at the Nurse and smiled softly, brushing her hair back out of her face.

"Esmerelda. But everyone calls me Esme. My mother is Elizabeth Craine, but her last name was Garrett at one point in time. My father..he is-" Esmerelda was cut off shortly before she got to her father.

"Johnathan Craine is your father?" Nurse Spex asked gently, empathy filled her voice as Esme could only nod.

"Yes he is. Unfortunately." Esme stared at her feet gently until she heard the soft voice of the old little lady again.

"Johnathan was one of the brightest students at Sky High during his time, though he was a rascal. He was definitely one of my favorites." Nurse Spex smiled to herself as she reminisced on the good times she has shared with Johnathan when he came to the infirmary.

Always asking if she was feeling good that day, caring for people before himself. She never understood how he could've fallen off the wagon so hard, he resorted in being a villain.

The bell rung signaling that it was time for lunch, and as Esme began to leave the infirmary, nurse Spex offered her a lollipop before she left.

"Esme, after your done with your lunch feel free to come back. I have an opposition for you." The young lady only smiled and nodded before she left, her bag on her shoulder as she walked down to the lunch room.