09.

•○•

Waking up in a blindly white room wasn't exactly the best thing ever. Esme was confused and a bit in pain. Her head was pounding up a storm as she hissed and head the sides of her head.

Nurse Spex walked in and smiled softly up at the young girl.

"It's good to see you are awake deary." Nurse Spex gently spoke while sticking a thermometer into Esme's mouth.

"What happened to me?" Esme inquired while holding the gadget in her mouth as it beeped.

"You tripped and smacked your head on the floor." Nurse spex answered while smacking her hand on her forehead.

Esme grimaced at the remembrance of the events that took place at lunch. Leaning back against the wall, Esme looked from side to side.

"Who brought me here?" Esme questioned with confusion in her voice.

"Oh, you had some very lovely friends, a smaller girl and a very nice fellow." Nurse Spex nodded before opening the door for Yasmine to rush in.

"Oh my goodness! Are you okay? Does it hurt? Can you remember anything? Do you remember who you are?" Yasmine rambled on with more and more questions before Esme placed her hand over Yasmine's mouth.

"Yes, I'm fine. It hurts a little, I remember bits and pieces, and my name is Esme and I'm at Sky High." Esme answered all of the young teen girl's dire questions with a small chuckle.

"Oh well that's good! Probably not for Warren though, you should see the cafeteria." Yasmin interjected before looking up at Esme.

"Warren? Why? What did he do?" Esme asked with her nose scrunched up and her brows furrowed together.

"You dont know?" Yasmine asked while lowering her voice just a tiny bit.

"After those two dipshits tripped you, we went full arson mode and almost burnt the cafeteria down looking for the guys who had tripped you." Yasmine confessed while looking at you for some sort of reaction.

"Warren...did that for me?" Esme raised her eyebrow while pointing at herself, needing to find Warren in the moment.

Getting off the bed on her two wobbly feet, Esme made her way towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Yasmine questioned the young, distraught Esme who locked her hand on the door handle, twisting it open.

"I have to find him. I have to thank him, but also give him a piece of my mind." Esme answered softly while continuing her path towards wherever she thought he might've been.

"No, no. You need to stay here and get better before even thinking of anything else." Yasmine tried to get the girl to go back, but Esme had just let a shock of electricty flow through her body and shock Yasmine.

"Ouch!" Yasmine yelped in pain as she let go of Esme.

"I need to find him." Esme said determined to find him as Yasmine sighed, helping the electro towards Principal Powers office.

•○•

Inside of Principal Powers' office sat the three young heroes who, if looks could kill, would all be dead right about now. Principal Powers sat in her chair with her fingers laced together with her arms setting down on the desk.

"Now, which one of you would like to tell me what that outburst was about in the cafeteria?" Principal Powers interrogated the boys, who didn't or couldn't even make eye contact with her.

"Fine. If no one is going to muster up the courage then you will all receive detentions for after school for the rest of the year." Principal powers trailed on as Lash was about to speak when a knock was heard at the door.

"Come in." Principal Powers invited the guests inside, shocked to see a standing Esme with Yasmine at the door.

"Principal Powers. If I may, I'd like to speak on behalf of Warren Peace." Esme expressed while slowly getting over to the chair that was on the left side of Warren.

"What are you doing? You should be in the nurses office." Warren seethed in worry for the young electro who rolled her eyes playfully at the very new protectiveness.

"Principal Powers, during lunch today, it was no mere accident." Lash and Speed rolled their eyes knowing what was going to come out of her mouth then and there.

"I was walking back to our table, the one that Mr. Peace and myself sit at and have since the start of this school year. When a long, snake like arm outstretched and grabbed hold of my ankle from under the tables of the cafeteria. Not noticing it in time, I added up tripping, spilling all of my food onto Mr. Peace and smacking my head onto the ground." Esme shared to everyone in the room while wincing at the memory of her head collided with the tiled floor.

"Causing my forehead to split open and blood to gush out. Warren was only upset because my food spilled all over him in that time and because they weren't apologizing or owning up to the fact that they caused it. What I am saying is, Principal Powers, it isn't Warren's fault that he blazed up and got angry. Give him a shorter sentence or no sentence at all. In the end it's not Warren who had done the worst deed out of the two." Esme ended her statement, looking over at Warren who was looking at her the entire time.

Principal Powers could see the dedication and love between the two young heroes, even if they couldn't feel it quite yet themselves.

"Fine, since I know Miss Craine"s story is true, because of the fact she was admitted to the nurse's office and the giant gash on her forehead. Mr. Peace, you will receive 2 weeks worth of after school detention. Lash, Speed, you two will have 2 months worth of detention and have to help clean the lunch room up." Principal Powers declared before standing up, fixing the bottom of her suit jacket. Holding her hand out for us to leave.

Lash and Speed were the first two out, grumbling and groaning about having to clean up the scorch marks left by Warren. Esme on the other hand was grateful that she could help Warren during that time and got him a shorter sentence.

Standing up was a bit difficult though, since everytime she tried, a pounding headache would hit her head.

"You okay?" Warren asked carefully while helping Esme up, his arm wrapped around her waist tightly.

"Yeah..yeah I'm fine." Esme hesitated before falling into Warren's arms. Darkness surrounding and welcoming her like an old friend.