𝟘𝟝.

•○•

Monday decided to take its sweet time coming back to Esme, having her go two full days of wondering what the note possibly meant or if it meant nothing.

The birds chirped and the sun began to rise as it did everyday. Although today was a bit different wake up call. Esme decided that she should get back to her exercise since gym class at Sky High was merely just for her powers.

Pulling on some athletic leggings and a loose tank top, along with her white nike shoes, she headed downstairs and out the front door.

For most people at this time of day, they would be sleeping. Others would wake up and be heading off to work, but for Esme these were the moments that she could really comprehend and feel what was actually going on around her and in her life.

With each step she took she could feel the electric currents in the ground run up and down in her body, sparking the life of her powers inside of her as she ran down the sidewalks of her streets.

Esme never knew really where she was going, she just followed her head on where to go. Usually, it would lead her a beach or a park, but today her mind was a bit fuzzy. It knew exactly where to go and which ways to turn, she didn't realize that it lead her to another little suburban area until she looked around.

It was 7 o'clock in the morning, so she only had 30 minutes to get back home before the bus was there. But so some reason, she felt almost like she was drawn to a certain house. Esme felt a weird connection towards it and couldn't exactly put a finger on what or whose it belong too.

That was until a body began moving about in the house, the house that had plants and different yard decorations in it. It looked like the exact version of what peace would bring to a person if they looked at it.

As the body moved towards the door, Esme let out a little gasp and hid behind a large tree. She didn't know how she found his house or what she was doing there at all. To be honest, she was a little frightened herself.

Warren stood there in the doorway of his house, shirtless and crazy bed head sticking straight up in many different directions. His eyes were squinted to adjust to the new light that cascaded over the horizon. Just as he was there, he shut the door and returned to his bed which called his name for him to return on multiple occasions.

Esme, standing behind the tree, breathing heavily began running fast and like a mad man back to her house. Questions littering her head as she heaved and huffed all the way back to her house.

Skipping the step of her porch, she slammed the door shut and leaned against them to get a better breathing circulation before running up to her room. As she laid back on her bed, she tried to calm down and get her breathing under control.

School was in less then an hour and the bus took about a half an hour to get to school. Esme was in a rush this morning and not a good one, she threw on a pair of ripped, blue jeans with a cute little floral blouse.

Leaving a note for her mom on the kitchen table, Esme left her house and headed down to the bus stop just in time as the bus was right behind her.

Ron opened the doors to the bus with a huge smile on his face, Esme was glad to see a familiar face since two days away seemed like forever.