Chapter 1

"Ohhhh mittens!"

I was woken up by they very obnoxious sound of my siblings bursting into my room.

My room was slightly cold due to my fan being turned on. Lately I've been getting restless at night, and the fan has been helping. Sometimes I wonder if I cant sleep because of my siblings.

"What do you two want?" I shoved my face into my pillow, groaning at their presence.

"You gotta get up for school mittens! You're going to be laaatteee!" The two said in unison.

"WHAT!" I practically flew out of bed, grabbing Edric by the shoulders and shaking him back and fourth.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!" I let go of him turning to my window.

It was still dark out...

"I see stars." Edric said with a shaky voice.

I turned back over to them to see Emira doubled over laughing, and Edric shaking his head to get his vision back.

"I'm going to kill you both."

I lit a small purple flame in my hand causing the room to light up in a purple hue.

Em stopped laughing and Ed just looked strait up at me, eyes wide.

"Awh shit!" Em grabbed Ed's hand running out of the room as I followed close behind. "Get back here!" I ran down the large stairs of the house folloing them into the kitchen.

Ed and Em were in a corner of the room with their hands up in defence. "I swear I'm going to kill you two!" I said as Em just started laughing.

"Okay mittens you wi-" Ed stoped in the middle of his sentece staring at me with wide eyes, as if he was a lost puppy dog.

They always find it so funny to bother me. Always acting like something's serious. When we were kid's they told me my pet died. Only for me to run in the room to see him perfectly fine and have glitter thrown on me.

"What are you staring at?!" At this point I was fuming angry. If this was some kind of trick I really would kill them.

"Amity your ring..."

Amity? Since when do they call me Amity?

I looked to my left hand seeing a small red glow barely noticable under the purple light from the flame.

I extinguished the fire in my hand, looking at my ring finger, my hand just barely infront of my face.

I had a soulmate? I had been waiting 17 years... Where have they been all this time?! Why couldn't the ring show before? I was more ecstatic then anything.

The sun was barely in the sky. Most likely telling me I had to leave to school soon.

But that doesn't matter right now.

Never thought I'd live to see the day were I said 'school dosen't matter'.

"Amity has a soulmate? AMITY HAS A SOULMATE!" Ed slapped both his hands to the side of his head in shock.

I almost felt like crying. Of course I didn't. Blights don't cry.

Emotions welled in me. A lump formed in my throught and I didn't know what to feel.

Anger, sadness, happiness. I could be mad they ,didn't show for 17 year's, or sad that now my parents expectations would be raised, or just plain joy that I had a soulmate.

I swear I could hear my own hear beating out of my chest.

Two pair's footsteps were heard coming to the kitchen as the door swung open.