Chapter 13

Luz's POV:

"Viney?!"

I turned my gaze to the other two, getting a good look at them.

"Jebro? Barkus? What are you guys doing here?" I paused. "Waiiiiittttt a minuttteeeee- why were you following me?!" I asked in a suspicious tone, slightly glaring at the three.

"Luz we-"

"Oh my god were you guys planning to kill me?"

"Luz no that's not-"

"WHHHHHHYYYYYYY?!?!?! I though we were good friends! Wait did I mess something up?"

"Luz we weren't trying to-"

"So I did mess up! I honestly thought that this would have happened quicker but the probability that I was able to mess something up so big that you don't want to hang out with me when I barley see you in the first place is-"

"OH MY GOD LUZ!"

They cut me off, snapping me out of my little rant. "Sorry. Continue." I simply added.

Viney sighed. "We're here looking for a certain... 'potion' and we saw you. It's obviously weird to see somebody as innocent as you walking around the night market, so we wanted to see what you were up to. Turns out you weren't hiding something, you were finding something-" Viney rubbed the back of her neck.

Innocent? Am I really seen as the innocent one? I never though I was that innocent.

I can be dangerous! I'm a bad boy! Er... Girl-

"Heyyyy... What do you mean innocent? I can be a rule breaker!" I pointed a thumb at my chest proudly.

The three snickered, Jebro extending a hand for me to take, which I grabbed and he pulled me up.

"Well, no offence Luz, but you're not necessarily the 'living on the edge' type." Jerbro added, making me pout.

"I can be sporadic, if I wanted to!" I founded my arms, looking away from the three.

I can be dangerous! I could prove it to them! I think-

Who are they to say if I can be out of line or not!

"Yeah, yeah. Okay Luz. Let's just get back. You've been heading in the complete wrong direction." Viney smirked, walking off to what I assumed was the right direction.

And it was.

The longer I followed her, the lighter the sky got!

I wonder how many people have died getting lost in there.

Oh no...

Maybe I was supposed to be one of those people!

Are they right? Am I too much of a goody two shoes that I can't find my way around a stupid market?

"Luuuuuuz! Hurry it up, I'm hungry!" King whined, laying flat of my head.

"King, you being hungry is what got us in this situation. And me giving you snacks without asking Eda first, but that's besides the point!" I raised a finger in the air to prove a point while the three witches looked at me funny.

"You need to ask somebody what snacks to give to a pet?"

"Demon-" King corrected.

"Well, yeah."  I stated blandly, not understanding what they were trying to say. But they just smiled and turned back ahead.

Soon enough more and more people started to appear, all of them looking shady.

Once it got to the more crowded parts, the three witches put their hoods back up, as to not be seen.

"We should be able to push past the crowds and be out of here just as we make it past those line of stands." Jebro translated while Barkus let out a stream yips and growls.

I looked past the crowds of people, all of them standing quite far from eachother, either in very small groups or alone.

The sky was now at the murky watery version that it was before, still being dark out.

I quickened my pace, desperate to get out of there.

As soon as I stepped a foot outside the border it became day again, the beautiful sky's now still, no longer looking like the ocean.

A swooshing noise came from behind me, Jebro, Viney, and Barkus emerging from the barrier.

"Alright Luz! You head home and clean off your hand, we're going to go back in there and get what we were looking for." Viney smiled.

"Heyyyyy wait a minute. What Kind of business would you have in the night market..." King accused them pointing a finger in their direction.

Exchanging glances, Jebro nervously laughed.

"Don't worry about it! And Luz, try to stay away from the night market. It's really not safe there for you."

I paused, reviewing what he said over in my head.

"Heeeyyyyyyy-" I furrowed my brows together. "What do you mean by that?" I questioned, looking up, but by the time I did they were already gone.

I gave King a questioning glance with him just shrugging in return.

I made my way in the direction of the Owl House, thinking their words over.

"Not safe for me, pfft! What do they mean by that? I can be tough!"

King gave me a bored look.

"Luz, not trying to offend you, but you're not exactly the 'impulsive type'." He waved his hand in a circle.

I dramatically gasped.

"I can be impulsive."

I really don't understand why they think I'm such a goody two shoes.

I am not a goody two shoes.

Just as we made it to the edge of the forest, the busy crowds began to calm down. Convenient huh?

The pebbles crunched under my feet as I got lost further and further in my thoughts.

Is that how people saw me?

I get into mischief all the time! Normally Willow is the one to get Gus and I out of it.

The clearing opened up, revealing shattered glass on the ground, and a very angry Eda standing in front of the door.

Oh god...

That's not good...

I forgot that Eda was probably sleeping when all of this happened.

"Edaaaa! Weird seeing you here!" I grinned widely, trying to look as natural as I could.

I had a nice life! Goodbye world, it is my time now.

"Weird seeing me... At my own house?" Eda folded her arms, staring me down while I stood there stiff as a board.

"Okay, okay. This may be my fault, but it was an accident! I gave King these snacks, and he started going haywire then-"

"Kid!"

I stopped my rambling.

"I'm not angry. I'm more worried about how scratched up you look. You're bleeding as well." She sighed. "Let's get you cleaned up. Then you'll be cleaning this up." She gestures to the glass and the broken window.

I relaxed, letting a smile slip out.

"Yes ma'am!" I saluted.

She chuckled, ushering me inside while I made a mental checklist for myself.

First thing, clean up my mess, number two show Jebro Viney and Barkus that I can be risky!

I smiled to myself, snuggling into the sweater I still wore.

This is gunna be great!

Not proof read.

Thanks for reading and have a good day!