Chapter 6

Amity's Pov:

I sat in my room... Alone.

Today was fun.

A lot of fun.

I enjoyed hanging out with Luz and friends. Not to mention I had fun hanging out with my friends like normal friends.

I think that's the best thing that's happened to me in a long time.

Knock knock

"Come in."

I closed my diary and hid it in my desk just before the door opened.

And there stood my father.

"Amity. I would like to speak to you."

"Of course father."

He walked into my room.

We were always this formal. It was normal for me now.

"I saw that you're keeping up your status. That's good. As a Blight we must make sure everybody either loves us or fears us."

He was right. Everybody wanted to be where we are. But those who don't, were too terrified to do anything.

"I completely agree father. But what do you mean by keeping up status? I don't recall doing anything."

My father straightened his posture and gave me a small glare.

"Amity, you are my child. And as my child it is not suitable for you to lie to me."

His glare sent shivers down my spine.

I wanted more then anything for him to leave my room.

I wanted to be alone.

His presence was enough to scare me.

My father pulled out his scroll and pressed a few thing's before showing me the screen.

And there was a picture that Boscha took on Penstigram of all of us hanging out at the beach.

Everybody was in the frame. Including Gus, Willow, and Luz...

Fuck this is bad.

"And as much as I'm glad that people will look up to you and want to be in your place, I can't help but notice the other people in the picture. Some that I recognize, and others I don't."

He got rid of his scroll and looked up at me with a menacing glare.

It was enough to make my heart skip a few beats.

"And I can't help but notice one of them. Is a human."

He took a step closer to me.

"I'm sorry father. It will not happen again." I could feel my hands start to shake.

"I would sure hope not. Now that you have a soulmate, you're normal. Which also means that people will now pay attention to you. You will actually matter to the Blight name now. We can't have you running around with... Those delinquents. Am I understood?"

His voice was cold with little to no love.

It was terrible.

It was terrible how I was afraid of my father.

No. Not just my father. My parent's in general.

"Understood father. It will never happen again."

I could feels tears prick the corner of my eyes.

I can't cry infront of my father.

It shows weakness. And now that I'm a 'real Blight' I haft to be everything they want me to be.