Chapter 17

Luz's POV:

"What are you three doing here?!"

"Oh hey mittens!" Ed spoke up amongst us three.

"Amity! I swear I can explain!" I panicked out, trying to think of some sort of logical explanation for what's going on.

"This is where you're putting the prank Luz? On a school? Depending on how bad it is you could get yourself expelled! Or if Bump is really in the mood, dissected!" Amity raised her tone of volume as I fiddled with the cuffs of m- Amity's hoodie. "I may not know you very well, but this isn't you." Her voice was cold.

This was a bad idea. I shouldn't have tried to prove I'm risky.

The worst part is that I wasn't doubting myself the whole time I was doing this! For a long while I was set on how this was a good idea! In fact! I didn't even get the thought that this was a bad idea until I was actually in Bumps office trying to do it!

Maybe it has something to do with breaking into a school. That wasn't so reassuring either-

I take it back! I don't wanna be an adrenaline junkie! It doesn't feel as cool as I thought it would!

I would much rather be at home reading Azura or making fan fiction with my heart at a calm pace, instead of my heart be going a million miles a minute while doing this!

"Where did you guys put the prank? I'm going to go clean up your mess." Amity sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

I could tell how disappointed she was, only making cower back.

I didn't want her to be disappointed or angry at me. For some reason, knowing that she was disappointed in me felt way worse than any other times somebody was disappointed at me.

Whenever people back at the human realm told me I was a weirdo, a screw up, or just plain yelled at me, I didn't hurt like how this hurt.

She hasn't shown visible or clear anger, but it's just so obvious that she is angry.

"No way little sis! Luz is a rebel like us! And a rebel never tells their secret-"

"It's in principal Bumps office. I'll go clean it." I rushed my words out, trying to find a way for Amity not to be mad at me.

I didn't need to prove that I'm risky to Viney, Jebro, and Barkus because they were right. I'm not a 'rebel'. I should have known that this was a bad idea.

It's not like those three were challenging me to prove them wrong. They did try to tell me nicely.

"Wait what?" Emira turned, completely confused.

Without another word, I turned on my heel, heading back to the office.

If Amity's mad at me then it's not worth it.

Viney, Jebro, and Barkus's admiration is nowhere near as amazing as Amity's admiration.

If Amity likes me, then I literally don't need anybody else in my life.

Everybody could hate me and I wouldn't care unless Amity hated me too.

I heard three sets of footsteps following behind me.

"Wait Luz! We just set that thing up and you want to take it down?"

"Yep."

"Why?" Emira waved her hand around as the three of them caught up to me.

"Because this was a bad idea."

I continued walking as the three stopped in their tracks, their confused glares burning into my back.

Edric grabbed onto Amity's shoulders, shaking her back and fourth. "WHAT MIND CONTROL HAVE YOU USED ON LUZ TO SUDDENLY TURN HER INTO A ROBOT?! WHAT SPELL DID YOU PUT ON HER?! IS THIS A HEX?!" Edric yelled at Amity as Emira hushed him.

"Come on, let's go!" Emira spoke, trying to re catch up with me.

I turned a few more corners, making it back to Bumps office, the Blights standing right behind me.

"Alright. let's just get this over with." Amity sighed, reaching for the door handle.

"Amity no!" The twins and I yelled at once as Amity had already opened, the door, turning to see what we meant, only to whip her head back to the office at the sound of a large SPLAT!

Red paint... Everywhere...

Amity stood with her jaw dropped.

Within a few seconds loud screams filled the halls from the school bells. The screams obviously being an alarm system.

I peered over Amity's shoulder to see what Edric had set up.

It was string attached to a broom that would knock over and hit the alarm when the door opened.

That wasn't apart of the plan-

"Edric!" Emira and I both yelled at him.

"What? I thought it would be a funny extra joke!" He retaliated, not seeming to regret a single thing.

"Okay change of plans..." Amity spoke. "Run."

We all exchanged glances before bolting off as Edric tripped over his feet, scampering off the floor to keep up with us.

Amity was laughing as we ran, along with Emira.

Is she having fun?

I smiled at Amity, slightly giggling at the situation we were all in.

Emira ran off to the side, pulling the fire alarms that started the overhead sprinklers, getting us all soaked.

We all laughed as we ran through the halls, every corner we took we all slipped from the water on the floors.

We ran all the way till the point we got to the window, escaping back out of it even if it wasn't the way that Amity came through.

As soon as we all got outside we took deep breaths to calm our hearts from both running and laughing.

"Oh my god that was amazing!" Emira yelled out, laughing a bit more as she threw her hands in the air.

"Yeah! Maybe you're not such a wet blanket after all Amity!" Edric laughed, patting her back.

"I wish I could say that's true, but I am soaked! I guess that was kinda fun. Even if it only lasted a few minutes." Amity smiled.

"As fun as that was, we should probably go before warden wrath shows up. He already wants my head!" I said, unable to stop smiling.

And without a second thought, we all ran off into the town.

Not proof read! Like always!

May have been rushed, but I thought it was cute.

If this scene could be turned into a movie, Electric Love by Borns would 100% be playing.