Chapter 12

Luz's POV:

"KING!"

I sprinted down the hall after the tiny demon in pursuit.

"YOU SHALL NEVER CATCH ME HUMAN!" King turned the corner, running into the wall before taking off again.

Why wouldn't I ask Eda first?! Whatever was in those snacks have sent him into some alternative set of mind!

Gosh darn it!

I sprinted down the same hall he did. Cornering him in.

I was holding a blanket so I could catch him. I was just hoping he wouldn't chew threw it...

"King... Why don't you take a nap for awhile huh?" I proposed, taking a step closer to him earning me a glare.

"Neverrrrrr! WEH!" Was all he said before jumping out the window, leaving shattered glass everywhere.

"KING WERE ON THE SECOND FLOOR-" I ran to the window, stepping around all the glass and leaning on the windowsill to see King sprinting down the path on all fours.

I felt a spike on my hand in which I held it up to my face, seeing tiny glass shards in my hand.

"Dang it-"

I grabbed one shard from my left hand, trying to pull it out before recoiling.

"Yeah, that's not happening..."

I stepped around the glass, sprinting through the winding halls and down the stairs, running up to the front door. Slipping on my shoes with only my feet, I used my wrists to open the door, sprinting down the path King went on.

Of course he had to run into town! The busiest place to be!

I paused at where the dirt path ended and the brick path started.people walked around with items, monsters, heels, and strings on their hands that led to either somebody beside them or somebody in a far place. Some without any strings.

I pushed past the crowds, trying to spot the small demon.

"King?" I called out warning a few odd glances.

I pushed passed a few more people, making it into a small clearing in the market.

"King?!"

No response.

What the frick did they put in those snacks? Drugs?

Oh my god... Does Eda make 'special' treats-

She is a criminal... Do they even have drugs here? If so, what would they be like. Lots of people here don't have noses, so how would they snort coke? Would they just eat it like it's sugar? How would these things work around here?

Wait no-

Now is not the time for this. Just ask Eda about this later-

I got shoved around by a few people, problems of being short, but it wasn't bad.

I walked passed a certain line of market booths, walking into a darker version on town.

I honestly don't get how it's possible, it just goes from bright in the sky, to dark, but when you step back it's light again.

It's weird because there's a booth on the middle of the two separate sides, but it doesn't line up together. It's slightly off place.

Like when the patterns on a shirt don't line up at the seams.

Almost like a glitch.

Is this the night market Eda was talking about?

It would make sense. Who wouldn't put a spell to hide it? It would be stupid if you didn't.