Chapter Eight: Zurinsthea

"Tell me something, I need to know
Then take my breath and never let it go
If you just let me invade your space
I'll take the pleasure, take it with the pain"
~

I have been fidgeting the whole flight.

His presence making me unsettled. Perhaps it's because this is the longest we have been in the same room as one another? He always seemed repulsed by my presence each time we were together. The only time he seemed somewhat decent was when we ran into each other in the Palace garden yesterday.

Yesterday? I feel like so much time has passed since then. So much has happened in the last 24 hours, but even more the past week. I don't think I could summarise this past week without getting a headache.

I find myself staring at him again. He sits directly in front of me, eyes closed with a small twitching frown. My eyes roam his features to his perfect jawline that compliments his cheekbones and face shape so well. I look down to his unbuttoned dirt covered dress shirt that show off his toned chest slightly.

How is it possible for someone to be this attractive? I think to myself.

I bite my lip and look at him curiously, wondering why he would engage in a sexual act with me. There is no way this man is attracted to me. By looks, he is way out of my league.

"Enjoying the view?" I jump and make a sound out of fright from the voice. I look up from his chest to meet eyes with a handsome jerk who wears a teasing smirk.

My cheeks burn and I'm sure I am as red as a tomato. I clear my throat and adjust my sitting position to cover up my embarrassment.

"D-Don't be ridiculous. I was just thinking about how dirty you are." I say defensively before turning my head to look outside the window.

We have been in the air for about 3 hours now and won't land for a few more. I would have already been home by now if it weren't for the pointless argument I had with Kade. I insisted he stayed behind and not come with me but it was like talking to a wall, he is just so stubborn. I remember  trying to get the palace guards to take him off the plane and back home but of course they take his orders and went home to fetch him some belongings.

"How far are we now?" He asks. I give him a short answer.

"Not far." I say.

"How far is 'not far'?" He mocks me.

"Just go back to sleep." I groan in annoyance. I look over at him to see him wearing an amused smirk.

"You are quite easy to annoy Princess." I squint my eyes at the annoying man.

"Could you just go back to ignoring my existence?" I grumble and stand to move to another seat on the plane.

He doesn't seem to like my response because in seconds he's in the seat across from me again this time wearing a bothered frown.

"I don't ignore your existence." He says sharply. I look at him eyebrow raised.

"Well not today you aren't." I say grabbing the book to my left before opening it so I can't see Kades face.

"Mature." He remarks.

"Mhm" I respond whilst hiding behind the book I'm pretending to read.

"You know it's upside down right." He snickers. I feel my cheeks burn in embarrassment and irritation.

I quickly flip the book around the correct way and continue to ignore him. After a moment of silence he decides to speak up again.

"You can't ignore me the whole flight love." I feel my stomach flip at the pet name he calls me.