Chapter Ten: James

"It's been way too long for me to find it this hard
Sitting alone, my fingers picking the sofa apart
An attempt to distract from the fact that I miss you"
~

It's been a few days since Kade and I arrived and surprisingly I haven't seen him much at all. The last time I saw him was at breakfast yesterday, and as soon as it was over, my father snatched him away to talk about...whatever it is men talk about. Surely my father didn't talk to him for long, leaving him the rest of the day to come see me. But I'm left to wonder, why didn't he?

"You alright dear? You haven't even touched your coffee." Adele says as she fixes my hair. I bite my lip and nod.

"I'm fine...just thinking." I say distantly, reaching for my coffee whilst I stare out the window in a daze.

I wonder what he's doing. Is he dealing with matters of his own or maybe avoiding me? I wouldn't have a clue seeming he's such a temperamental person. One minute he despises me, the next he wants to follow me across the world... and they say women are confusing.

I shake my thoughts and zone back into reality as Adele begins to hang my dress options for the day as she tells me my schedule.

"This evening the guests will arrive which is followed by the welcoming ball. People have come far and wide to welcome this family, though I am unsure why -" I half listen to Adele as I catch a glimpse of the TV remote and decide to flick it on.

"Good morning Zurinsthea! Lots of things happening today isn't that right Kirsten?" A speaker says.

"Thats right Paul! There has been quite a few flights that have landed over the past few days with plenty royalty. This is all following the news of the royal scandal involving her highness, Princess Armelle! Perhaps it's her new possible suitors arriving Paul?" The woman Kirsten says to her colleague.

"Well Kirsten we are about to find out! Joining us today, we have a resident of the Alynthius palace on call right now, sir can you say that the rumours are true?" Paul introduces a guest speaker.

I have since stood from my seat and stare at the Television in horror.

"Yes it is all true Kirsten. I saw it all with my own eyes." The man speaks. The man speaking sounded older, perhaps in his 50's - 60's.

Damn it. Whatever this old man has to say, I hope it doesn't ruin our plan.

"Could you tell us what happened exactly?" Paul asks the caller.

"Well my wife and I were walking back to our room when we heard a commotion coming from around the corner. I was surprised to see her highness and Prince Kade arguing in the palace halls over the Princess supposedly, going on a date with a friend of the Prince."

My eyes are wide as I listen to the man describe the argument that lead to a terrible night.

"Oh my! A date you say?" Kirsten gasps.

The presenters look at each other in shock and to make things even more dramatic, they add in some fake crowd gasps too. Typical.

"Yes. His highness the Prince was very angry, they had wine and were caught flirting by the Prince himself. But the Princess confronted him also after she had discovered the Prince already had a lover."

"No!" The presenters gasp in shock.

"That is just juicy news! Wow thank you sir for the information, it was very insightful. I do wonder if their majesties will speak out about this matter." Paul says to Kirsten after they hang up on the tattletale.