Chapter Thirteen: Wake

"If you want to keep me,
You got to love me harder"
~

"...Yes she will."

"Are you sure?"

"It was only a small dose, she should be-"

"- Should be? What type of fucking answer is that?"

Who is arguing at this hour? I think as I stir in my slumber.

"Sir if you would please calm down. She will be fine, the tranquilliser is almost out of her system. She will wake soon."

"How soon?"

"Sir I-"

"- Mmphh." I groan in both annoyance and pain from the splitting headache I have.

"Princess you're awak-"

"Shhh too loud." I whine and grasp my head that is aching so bad that I feel it in my ears.

How much did I have to drink? I haven't had a hangover like this before. I think and take a moment to try recollect my memory of last night.

My memory is hard to decipher at first, but when I do I jolt up in an instant.

My eyes take a moment to adjust to the blinding light that makes my head feel like it's going to explode. I see a doctor to my right with a clipboard smiling at me, then to my left I see someone I'm not particularly happy to see.

"Your highness, glad to see you awake. I am doctor Hea-" The doctor is interrupted by the rude individual to my left.

"-Ellie how are you feeling?" His voice sounded nervous, as he should be.

I ignore him instead I turn my head to the side and look anywhere but him.

"Elle..." He says softly.

The doctor looks between the both of us awkwardly before clicking his pen and tucking back into his coat pocket.

"I will give you two a moment." The doctor says before leaving us alone.

I wait to hear the door shut before looking at the man with a glare.

"Get out." I say in a cold tone.

"Princess please I'm sorr-"

"-No just don't Kade. Don't even apologise because I know you're not even sorry about what you did. You're only sorry that I witnessed it." I snap with a raised voice. He looks at me with a guilty expression that I didn't pity for one second.

Memories of last night creeps it's way back into my mind. I remember the way they beat James like a bean bag, and took turns like it was some sort of game. They didn't even take into consideration that their actions would make me feel worse. The fear, anguish, and sadness I felt. I felt terrible, like I went from being the victim, to the one at fault for something far worse.

"Look I-"

"- I said I don't want to hear it. You beat a man to a pulp because he kissed me. My brother I understand this behaviour from - but you? Why would you do something so rash when you barely know me? Did you do it to prove your point of wanting to be with me - In hopes I would go back to Alynthius with you?" I rant angrily at Kade. Instead of arguing or interrupting he listens and let's me say what I needed to say.

"I was scared and felt terrible. What you did made me feel worse and it was all to make you feel better. It was like I wasn't even there, like it wasn't about me at all. What you did last night showed me I truly don't know you at all." I look away from him to stop myself from getting teary.