Chapter Twenty-Six: Breathe Me

"Don't lie, to me
I've been thinking about it,
You know that I've been dreaming about it"

~

It is currently quarter to two and my words are stumbling out of my mouth quicker than my mind can process.

I am intoxicated - not terribly, but my words are beginning to slur and I am sure I have a flushed pink face. All thanks to the waiter who kindly kept offering to top up my glass when it was empty, but I am most at fault as I would gladly accept each offer.

"Water." Kade instructs whilst sliding a glass to me with a chuckle. I accept the much needed glass of water and take a large gulp.

"I still don't quite understand how you aren't even tipsy? Where does all of the alcohol go?" My interest in his werewolf genetics seemed to have grown after watching him finish a bottle of wine and have no side effects.

A memory flashes across my mind of the

"Well my body burns off alcohol, and calories much faster than yours." He says with a chuckle.

His response does not sate my curiosity one bit. Instead I have a few more questions prick my mind.

"How so?" I prod further.

"Well for example, If I go for a jog, I burn off the same amount of calories as a human who has ran a marathon. In short, I am much cooler than you." He jokes with a cheeky smirk.

"So your biology or I guess body is working double, that would make you hotter." I correct him with a confident voice. It takes a moment for me to understand exactly what I had said.

Kade lets out a loud laugh and sends me a charming smirk, making me want to crawl under the table in embarrassment.

"I didn't mean it like that! I meant that you are really- oh god." I ramble in horror. I let out a disturbed whine and cover my face.

"Don't worry Princess, I understand what you meant." He chuckles. I peek at him through my fingers to see him still smirking at me.

I huff and drop my hands from my face to show my very pink face.

"You're cute when you're embarrassed." Kade teases, he then takes a large gulp of his wine.

My eyes follow in interest, I watch his adams apple move as he swallows, the stretch of his neck as he tips his head back and the drop of wine that trickles to his chin.

I gulp hard as my thoughts once again twist and become less innocent - which seems to be happening more often than I'd like to admit.

This man is plaguing my mind with impure thoughts without even trying. I mentally hiss at myself.

"Something wrong love?" I look up to meet him eyes only to be met by his dark eyes. Sudden courage sparks in me, and before I could overthink or stop myself, my hand reaches to cup his chin lightly.

Kade doesn't flinch when my thumb brushes the corner of his lip and chin to wipe away the spot of wine. I briefly contemplate touching his lips again but decide against it, instead I tuck my hand into my lap and clear my throat.

"No nothing is wrong." I finally answer with a shake of my head. I look down at my now-empty glass to hide the blush on my cheeks.

I could feel his gaze, it's almost as if he wants to say something but can't- or won't.

Maybe he wants me to touch his lips again but with mine. A drunk intrusive thought bothers me again.

No more alcohol for you. I scold myself.