Chapter 2- Rilian

As I awoke, I kept my eyes close. I wasn't sure what happened. All I knew was that my head ached. I felt someone holding my hand and tried to open my eyes. Everything was blurry but I could still make out two figures in the room. One was a man and the other was a woman.

They were talking quietly and looked worried. I assumed that Caspian was the one holding my hand. The other, I couldn't tell who they were yet but everything was starting to become less blurry. I blinked my eyes hoping to speed up the process.

"Caspian?" I asked faintly and he turned his head my way.
"I'm right here, Ana," he said and I could now make out everyone's faces.

Finally, I was able to tell who the woman was. I knew her. The woman was the midwife. She helped Prunaprismia with her baby and she was to help me. Her name was Sarah. We had Narnian midwife too but, she had grown old and recently passed away

I went to sit up but Caspian placed his hands on my shoulders, stopping me. He gently pushed me back down. It was then that I realized I in my quarters and I was in the bed. Last I knew, I was in the hall.

"What happened?" I asked confused and they looked concerned.
"You don't remember?" Sarah questioned.
"I remember being in the hall."
"You passed out," Caspian told me.
"What?" I responded.
"Are you feeling alright, Your Majesty?" Sarah asked me.
"Yeah... I'm just a little tired," I told her.
"I think it's best that you rest from now on," Sarah told me.

I just nodded and my eyes started to close again. For some reason, I was so tired and I felt like doing absolutely nothing. That was strange because I never wanted to stay still. But I didn't even think about that at the moment.

Caspian still held my hand and I could tell that Sarah was still there. They probably thought that I fell asleep and I just about was. I could still hear things though.

"Ana?" I heard Caspian whisper quietly but I didn't respond or make any movements like I had heard him. I felt too weak and tired to try.

He kissed my forehead and then stood up. I never heard his footsteps recede away from the bed so I knew he was still there. Caspian was waiting for some reason.

"What is it?" I heard Sarah ask him.
"She's so pale and very warm. Unnormally so," he replied.
"She's probably just exhausted. Hopefully when she wakes up, she'll be fine."

She paused for a moment and Caspian started to walk away. By the sound of his footsteps, I could tell he didn't make it to the door. In fact it sounded like he turned around and came back towards me.

"Maybe I should stay," he said.
"Nonsense, Your Majesty. I'll take care of her. You needn't worry. She's in good hands," she told him and that was the last I heard.

I drifted off to sleep but I was restless. It was hard for me to stay asleep and I kept waking up. That was unusual for me. Every time I woke up, Sarah was in the room. She would tell me to go back to sleep and I would try.

This went on for the next two days. Sometimes when I woke up, Caspian would be there. Other times he wouldn't. But Sarah was always there. No matter when I woke. Even if it was the middle of the night.

Sarah had told Caspian to give me some space. They thought I was asleep but I just couldn't. I heard them talking about how I needed plenty of rest and some space.

Caspian had agreed and I rarely saw him. Before he would spend the night by my side and I would wake to see him. He would tell me to go back to sleep. I wondered if even slept at night. Now I spent the nights alone, except for Sarah. She hardly left. Only when Caspian was with me did she leave.

After two days, I wasn't tired anymore. But I felt kind of weak and there was nothing I could do. Sarah told me that I had a fever but she was able to help me keep it down. Most of the time it was her helping me. I felt like there was nothing I could do and I felt helpless.

I would sit up in bed but I didn't dare get up. Just sitting up caused me to feel slightly light headed. I didn't need to pass out again so I had to be careful.

Caspian would come in, but most of the time I was half asleep. He was busy with the Kingdom and couldn't be by my side all the time anymore, since I started to recover. I knew he wished he could. But by the end of the week I felt much stronger and less tired. It was probably for the best.

I think I slept all I could. Sarah told me that I wasn't allowed to wander too much. I listened and rarely left my quarters when I did get up. The baby would be coming any day and they had to be ready. I understood what she meant. It just felt good to be up and moving around again. Laying around all day and night, wasn't right.

Late that night, a baby's cry pierced the night. The Prince was born. Someone went to inform Caspian. I spent the following morning resting.

Then Caspian and I decided to take a walk with our son. I picked him up from his bed and went to meet Caspian. When we named him, Caspian told me that he wanted to be the last heir called Caspian. So we named him Rilian instead.