Chapter 13- Help For the Lost Prince

Ana's Point-Of-View

It had been a few years. I didn't know how many for sure because in Aslan's Country, time stood still. But I knew from the way Caspian aged that time had passed.

Rilian didn't listen to Aslan. Shortly after talking with him, he left. He kept going back to the fountain where I had died. I suspected he was waiting for the serpent to come. But it never did. Instead a woman kept showing up.

She was beautiful, I'll admit. Her hair always fell to her shoulders. She always wore it down, like me. Another thing that she always did was wear green. Her dress was always green.

Rilian seemed to enjoy her company. I hoped talking with her would ease the pain of my passing. After months, I believed it did. I was glad Rilian had found some to talk to.

But something always seemed off. I wasn't there so I couldn't feel anything. All I could do was watch him with the woman. I realize that was why he kept coming back. He wanted to be with her.

One day he brought Drinian along with him. They both seemed entranced by her. Neither one wanted to leave. Maybe she put a spell on them. Maybe that was what she always did with Rilian.

However, I pushed those thoughts away. I wanted Rilian to be happy so much that I missed everything. Drinian and Rilian seemed to have been arguing on the way back. I couldn't hear. That was the downfall of the wave. You could see but you couldn't hear anything.

The following day, Rilian went to the fountain again. He saw the woman, like usual. Only this time after their long day, Rilian never went home. He left with her. I watched him leave in disbelief. No one knew he was leaving. Then the image started to fade and it became water. I could no longer watch out for Rilian and I knew he was in danger.

So from that point on, I focused on Caspian. He had to know that I was watching. Aslan told me that Drinian informed Caspian about Rilian disappearing and why he thought he suddenly left. After that Caspian was filled with grief. I watched everything else. Only a few months after his wife and Queen died, his son vanished. He rushed at Drinian with a sword. Drinian was prepared to be killed. He felt he deserved it.

Surprised at what I was seeing, I gasped. The Caspian I married wouldn't kill his best friend. He had let his uncle live even though he was traitor. If Caspian had killed Drinian, I wouldn't have been able to watch him from the wave anymore.

But he didn't. He stopped and dropped his sword crying. Words were passed but I couldn't hear them. Drinian comforted Caspian. Even though I don't think Caspian heard me gasp, I liked to think he felt my disappointment.

Now it had been quite a few years. Caspian was old. He never remarried and Rilian was his only heir to the throne. As time passed, Caspian knew he needed to find Rilian. So he prepared the Dawn Treader to set sail. Based on what Aslan had told me, he planned to come to Aslan's Country. Caspian thought Aslan knew where to find Rilian.

"Don't worry, child," Aslan told me. "I have a plan. Help has arrived."

As as he said the last part, the water changed to a different scene. Caspian was gone. Instead, there were two kids walking through what looked to be a different part of Narnia. One was a boy and one was a girl.

I never saw their faces. Their backs were always facing away from me. As I watched them walking, I noticed a cliff just up ahead. The boy started to slow but the girl kept going. Then suddenly she was pulled back by the boy. But then she pulled away from him and walked closer to the edge.

I was was confused by the girl's actions. The boy was right to pull her back. She could easily fall to her death. Worried, I turned around to see Aslan. He wasn't anywhere near. But I couldn't go and find him. Something kept my attention drawn on the scene shown.

The two seemed to argue, the girl still dangerously close to the edge. Once again, the boy reached for her arm. Then she started pulling against him. Once again she pulled from his grasp. However this time, the boy lost his balance and fell over the edge. I then saw his face as he looked up. Eustace.

Eustace never reached the ground. The girl seemed distracted and never even noticed when a lion ran up beside her. It was a lion I knew very well. Aslan laid down near the edge of the cliff and it seemed like he was blowing. The girl was now lying on the ground next to him.

I noticed that Eustace began floating up and away from the cliff. The other side was hidden by fog or clouds, but I thought there was another cliff edge on that side. Aslan was getting him to safety. The girl still laid beside Aslan. But Aslan seemed to ignore the girl. As soon as Eustace was safe, he stood up and walked back into the forest.

Then I saw the girls shoulders shake. The girl was crying, her face buried the ground. She was probably crying about Eustace going over the edge of the cliff. She must not have seen Aslan save him from the fall.

But eventually she stopped crying and began to run through the woods. Soon she found some water but she didn't drink. Nearby, Aslan laid beside the stream. She stood still, unsure of how to react.

The two seemed to talk for a moment. Then eventually she walked to the water's edge. She began drinking and Aslan sat nearby. Once she was finished, she walked closer to Aslan. I assumed it was at Aslan's request.

By now I could see the girls face and I finally recognized her as Jill Pole. Her lips moved and the two exchanged words. Then they walked to the edge of the cliff and Aslan blew her over, just like he did Eustace. Help was coming for Rilian. He would be able to return home soon.