Chapter 19- Reuniting Family

Although Caspian and I spent time with each other, we also spent time away. Caspian wanted to get to know some of the Narnians that he had never met and also talk with his parents. It was something he never had the chance to do often before. His father was murdered and his mother died in childbirth. The three wanted to catch up.

There was only one problem with this. Caspian never noticed the little girl that followed me around. She wasn't there all the time because she talked and played with the Narnians. She was allowed to run off without being watched because it was safe. There was no danger here.

However the two of us would spend most of the time together when Caspian wasn't with me. It was someone he really needed to meet. I just had to get the two together at the same time. Caspian needed to meet his daughter.

We introduced each other to our parents. Caspian was surprised to meet my parents as I had never said anything about them. I never knew who they were.

But Queen Ivy and King Belisar were pleased to meet Caspian. They told me that I had done well. It was meant for many things besides just marrying Caspian, though that was a part of it. I had made them proud with everything. King Caspian the ninth and Queen Persephone were elated to see their son again and also see his wife. Caspian had told his parents of all the adventures he had.

During the entire conversation, I kept looking over my shoulder to see if Isabel was near. But she never was and I frowned slightly. Next time, I wouldn't let her run off until Caspian had met her.

Then I saw her. Caspian was getting ready to walk off while she was running towards me. Quickly, I grabbed Caspian's hand, causing him to stop. He faced me and smiled.

"What is it?" he asked me.
"I want you to meet someone," I told him just as Isabel reached my side. "Caspian, this is Isabel."
"Hello," Caspian said in a sweet tone. She waved.
"This is your daughter."
"W-what?"
I looked at Isabel. She smiled before I looked to Caspian again. "She died when I did. But she arrived in Aslan's Country before me. Isabel is the only one that I've seen age here. Everyone else became younger but she started to grow up."
"But not anymore," Isabel said and I smiled.
"Yes. You're not growing up anymore."

At first Caspian was shocked. Then he smiled and Isabel giggled. The two held hands as they walked off. Isabel giggled and told Caspian that she was about ten years of age. I knew she was happy. They both were.

While Caspian visited with his parents and Narnians, I found my old Narnian friends. Isabel went with me. Glenstorm arrived before Caspian did. Then I realized that Trumpkin arrived sometime after Caspian had entered Aslan's Country. It could've been days or years later.

Most Narnians have a long life unless it's cut short. The Narnians whose lives had been cut short, most had been killed. One of those was Glenstorm's son. He had died on our raid at the Telmarine castle when he got trapped inside. The two greeted each other and I smiled. A female centaur, who I thought was Glenstorm's wife, also joined them.

I was so happy to see Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs. Beaver, and my friends from when I was young again. They were happy to see me too. We would exchange stories of Narnia. I would tell them what had happened since I last saw them and they would tell me numerous things.

The most saddening stories were when they told me how they had died. But they would cheer things up by reminding me they were alive now and better than they had ever been before. No one could stay focused on the sad things for long anyways. Then they would then go into these long detailed stories of all the things they did in Aslan's Country.

But I was really happy to see phoenixes again. They had all been killed in some way because that was the only way they could die. I knew some had died because of the Witch's hundred year winter. The snow and cold ruined all of Narnia's land. But it hurt the phoenixes more because they couldn't get the food they needed. Also, they couldn't survive in the cold weather. I had watched a lot of them die off. Those I didn't see had gone into hiding and did one of two things: died or somehow manage to survive. That was when I was left on my own and found Mr. Tumnus.

Everyone in Aslan's Country was never sad for long. You couldn't be. Sad things might enter your mind but they quickly left and you were happy again. This was a place with no more tears, pain, or fears. It was marvelous. No one had to worry about anything. There wasn't any danger. This was the one place that could never be destroyed, damaged, or reached by enemies of Narnia. It was the safe haven. But only those who believed in Aslan and Narnia managed to make it here. I had no idea where the others went but I noticed it.

Miraz and many of the Telmarines that invaded Narnia weren't here. Neither was the Witch's minions or those we had killed in trying to protect Narnia. That was when I noticed that not everyone was allowed in Aslan's Country. But that was probably for the better.

Caspian, Isabel, and I were walking hand-in-hand telling stories to make each other laugh. It was fun and good. Then we heard a noise outside the gate and knew that someone was coming.

We all knew that Rilian would arrive in Aslan's Country eventually. So we went to the Golden Gates along with others who were waiting on people. It wasn't Rilian but another Telmarine. Neither Caspian nor I knew them personally.

Finally, after a few years, months, or even days after Caspian arrived Rilian joined us. Only Rilian knew how long it had really been. Only those watching at the wave knew that anytime had actually passed because they could see their loved ones age. But none of us here ever minded about knowing the how many days it had been.

Rilian greeted us, immediately recognizing his parents. I hadn't seen Rilian since he was about sixteen years of age and that was from the wave. Now he was all grown up, an adult. He had married a duchess from Archenland, Gewndolen and they had a daughter, Lilith. His wife had yet to pass away but he knew he couldn't long for her to be with him. She would be here at her own time. Then we introduced Rilian to his sister Isabel.

We were told, by Rilian, that he had died of old age, like Caspian. But neither of them were old. That was how it was here. People were never old, always young. Some of them were children as they had died while they were still young. I stayed the same age I was when I died. But both Caspian and Rilian became young again before entering Aslan's Country.

It was the same for Narnians like Glenstorm, Trumpkin, and Mr. Tumnus who had died once they were too old. Even those who had been killed at an older age where young again. Isabel was the only one who grew up, even if it was only slightly. Though, I never figured out why.

But it didn't matter. All that mattered now was that family was reunited and I no longer had to wait for anyone to walk through the gates.

But I still did. Aslan had made me a promise and I knew he would keep it. Now all I had to was wait some more. They would be here when their times was up.