Chapter 28- Beginning of the New Story

Here's the final chapter. Sorry it took so long. I had a ton of homework on top of never having time. I couldn't upload the trailer that I wanted because it's not on YouTube. If someone knows how (if you can) to upload from photos, I'd appreciate it if you'd help. The picture is of all of them. Everyone considered Ana's family. The unknown girl is their (Caspian and Ana's) daughter, Isabel.
.........................................................
Ana's Point-of-View

I had lost track of the days. It could've been months or even years since Rilian joined us. But I didn't know. Neither did the others. Isabel, Caspian, Rilian and I didn't really care how long it had been. Only that we were all together.

Everyone was so happy. They had no reason to worry. There was no need to keep track of how long we had been in Aslan's Country because there was no reason we wanted to leave. No one even cried or showed anger. It was just smiles.

Rilian and I were walking along the water's edge. Isabel fell into step behind us. It wasn't the wave that separated Aslan's Country from Narnia. No one wandered out there anymore. We all stayed inside the Golden Gates. Reepicheep and a few others greeted any newcomers to Aslan's Country.

We were just walking along the water's edge, talking. Rilian was telling some stories of the time I missed with him. He seemed to find him 'falling under the spell of the witch' funny. I smiled and laughed along with him.

Once in a while I would spot Caspian. We would make eye contact and smile. Caspian kept hiding something behind his smile. I could tell by the confusion in his eyes. But his smile was genuine and I didn't think much of it.

Caspain walked forward and joined us. Isabel had just managed to make Rilian laugh. It wasn't hard but, Isabel still felt proud. As Caspian approach, I took Isabel's hand and pulled her forward. Caspian looked at Rilian.

"Rilian," Caspian told our now adult son, "Why don't you go spend some time with the others?"
He nodded. Now that he was older, he new what that meant.
"Can I come with you?" Isabel asked Rilian.
"Sure," Rilian said kneeling down so he was eye-level with her. "I bet a can beat you to those people over there." He pointed to a group of people I realized as his family.
"No! I bet I will!" Isabel replied, excitedly.

Then she ran off without warning. Rilian glanced at us and then stood up. He took off running at a much slower pace. But he still managed to catch up to her.

I watched them for a minute before turning to Caspian. He wanted to talk about something. I didn't know what though. Caspian took my hand and we continued our stroll down the beach. After a moment of peaceful silence I decided to speak up.

"Caspian, what is it?" I asked asked him.
"Aren't you happy here?" he replied. I was genuinely shocked and surprised. Of course I was happy here.
"Of course! This is the happiest I've been in a long time. Now that you and Rilian are here, I have no reason to be unhappy."
"Then what is it?"
"What is what?"
"The sadness in your eyes every time you smile."

At that moment I stopped walking. He stopped as well. My smile faded slightly as I realized what he meant. But my smile would never fade completely. That's the thing about this place. Every time you tried to frown, you would find something to make you smile.

The truth was that I wasn't sad. I couldn't. As soon as I came to Aslan's Country I had no reason to be sad or worried. All I wanted was for my family to be okay. Aslan had let me see that they would. Now he only had one more promise to fulfill and I knew he would.

"Aslan promised me something. I've just been waiting for a long time for it to come true. That's all. I'm not sad at all. I'm happy. I guess I'm just anxious because I've lost track of the days," I admitted, gently.
"What did Aslan promise you?"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 (𝐒𝐂 & 𝐋𝐁) 🎉