Chapter Thirty

第三十章

Two days since they set of to Jamibiro, the Konoha-nin finally arrived at the medium village. The large group was met with the curious gazes of the local civilians. It wasn't every day that such a large group – consisting of a total of seven shinobi – arrived in town. Most assumed that they were here to rest before continuing on their way to wherever they needed to go.

Miyako spotted the group instantly. The group wasn't exactly inconspicuous. She was in a baby store buying clothes for Ainu. Ainu was now starting to stand by herself, which meant she was growing out of her clothes.

Miyako left the store with her purchases and walked right in front of the group, cutting them off and making them startle in surprise. She pretended not to notice them as she made her way through the village, knowing that the group of Konoha-nin would follow her. When she was in the forest surrounding the village, she paused in her steps as the Konoha-nin surrounded her.

"I see you've arrived," Miyako stated in a bored tone of voice.

"You don't seem so surprised, Miyako-san," Kakashi stated wearily.

"Who do you think told Tsunade-sama where we were?" Miyako questioned. "I've been revealing all of Orochimaru's movements to her since I left the village. Along with regular updates on Sasuke."

"Wait! So you never betrayed the village?" Sakura questioned hopefully, making Miyako nod in response. "Is Sasuke-kun here then?"

"Perhaps," Miyako replied with a smirk, making Sakura frown in annoyance at her cousins non-answer.

"Tsunade-sama wants us to bring you two home," Tsuneo stated.

"Good luck with that. Sasuke has no interest in Konohagakure after what I told him three days ago," Miyako snorted.

"What? What did you tell him?" Naruto questioned frantically, thinking up a million scenarios on what Miyako could've said about his home.

I don't want them to know. Yet.

Miyako stood up straighter as the thoughts of Itachi filled her mind. She looked up into a nearby tree and saw him standing there. When she met is onyx gaze, she nodded, and he vanished.

"I have to go. Ainu is waiting for me," Miyako stated and walked passed her ex-team, only to freeze as another thought crossed her mind.

Leaving so soon, Mi-chan?

Miyako spun around, starling the Konoha-nin, her gaze meeting the masked form of Hisoka. "Ookami," she hissed, and the Konoha-nin spun around to see the masked man, drawing their weapons as they prepared for a fight.

"Eight against one. Now that's hardly fair," Hisoka taunted, leaning against a tree. "Let's even the playing field, ne, Tobi?"

Tobi appeared holding Ainu, making Miyako freeze in fear at seeing her daughter in the hands of an unknown enemy.

"You bastard! Let her go!" Miyako ordered, rushing to the front of the group. "How did you even get her? She was safe in the inn!"

"Tobi snuck in whilst red-haired kunoichi went to the bathroom!" Tobi announced proudly. "Isn't she such a cute little Uchiha-Shinjitsu child?"

"Mama!" Ainu screeched, reaching out for her mother in distress.

"Ah, ah, ah! No Ainu-can! Tobi can't give you to your mother just yet,. We're going to have fun!" Tobi announced with a giggle.

"Tobi, release my daughter," Itachi ordered as he and Kisame joined the group in the forest, startling the Konoha-nin.

"Itachi," Ookami stated simply.