Chapter Nineteen

第十九章

"Who are you?" Kisame questioned the newly arrived, strangely dressed man.

Miyako smirked as the green-clad man stood with one arm behind his back and the other in front of him, palm open and facing towards his body.

"Konohagakure's proud beast! Might Gai!" he announced proudly while Kisame smirked in amusement.

"What a funny outfit. Are you an exotic beast?" Kisame questioned, humouring Gai.

"Don't take him lightly," Kisame and Miyako stated at the same time, startling the two of them. Miyako opened her eyes in surprise and met Itachi's gaze. He didn't make a move – though she was vulnerable against his Mangekyo Sharingan – and met her gaze steadily.

"Urgh!" Kakashi gasped out, collapsing on the water behind Gai. Miyako quickly moved to get him, making sure Gai's attention remained only on the two enemies.

"Gai! Don't make eyes contact with Itachi, or you will be affected by his Genjutsu," Asuma warned, eyes stilled closed as Miyako moved behind him and Kurenai with the weakened Kakashi.

"I already knew that," Gai replied simply, "to beat Kakashi, I used to train in order to fight against the Sharingan. Open your eyes, you two. When fighting with someone who possesses the Sharingan, just don't look in their eyes and it should be alright. Look at their feet and predict their movements from there," Gai explained.

Kurenai and Asuma both hesitated for a second before slowly opening their eyes and looking straight at Gai, keeping their gaze away from Itachi's.

"Gai-san, there's not enough time to teach them this method of fighting," Miyako warned and Gai nodded in agreement.

"I know. So that means you two will have to get used to this method of fighting as quickly as possible."

"So, what's your plan?" Asuma questioned Gai.

"Kurenai, Miyako-san, take Kakashi to the hospital. Asuma will stay here as my back up," Gai ordered. "We will hold them off until the ANBU arrive."

Speaking off which, where are they? Asuma's stray thought crossed Miyako's mind and she couldn't help but agree. Were the ANBU really so slack at the moment?

"As you wish, Gai-san," Miyako replied as Kurenai took Kakashi off her and the two women left, leaving the men to battle.

Itachi frowned as he watched Miyako leave. "Kisame, forget about it. We are not here to fight a war, even though it's a shame to leave, but to stay here is meaningless. Let's go," Itachi ordered showing clearly who was in charge between the two teammates.

Kisame grunted in annoyance, having wanting to battle the two Jōnin but agreed with Itachi. The two missing-nin vanished, leaving Asuma and Gai alone on the river. The two looked at each other in surprise, before leaving the area, heading off after Miyako, Kurenai, and Kakashi.

"I'm going to find Jiraiya-sama and inform him of the events that have just transpired," Miyako stated simply.

All five Jōnin, including a passed out Kakashi, were in the hospital, discussing the events that had just transpired with the two missing-nin.

"That's probably for the best. He shouldn't have gotten too far. Especially with Naruto with him," Asuma agreed with a nod. Miyako nodded in agreement before leaving the room quickly, rushing through the village. She barely remember to sign out of the gates before she followed the faint chakra signature of Naruto and Jiraiya.