Chapter Three

第三章

Miyako was nervous as she led through the halls of the Ninja Academy by the Hokage himself. Mebuki and Kizashi were unable to come as they both had missions, and Sakura was taken to the nearby kindergarten, where she would remain until Miyako finished her classes for the day, at which the two guardians should be finished with their mission.

Miyako will be the youngest in her class, as her skills – which had been tested the week prior – resulted in her being placed with the second year ninja students – all of whom were six or seven years of age.

They arrived at a door on the first floor, the room number at the top saying 2A. Hiruzen knocked on the door before entering, Miyako staying close behind him as she followed, observing the room, along with her new classmates, and teacher.

"Lord Hokage, how can I help you?" the female teacher with brown hair questioned with a weary smile.

"Abe-san, I have your new student. I trust my message reached you two days ago," Hiruzen stated and the brown-haired woman nodded, her gaze falling to the girl hiding behind the Hokage.

"Of course," the woman replied and Hiruzen nodded before leaving the room. The woman turned to Miyako and gave her a welcoming smile. "Welcome, I'm Abe Haruka. Please stand in front of the class to introduce yourself.

Miyako nodded before turning to face her classmates, all of whom watched her in curiosity. She fidgeted for a second before bowing. "My name is Haruno Miyako, pleased to meet you all. I hope we can get along."

"Thank you Miyako-chan, please take a seat next to Gina-chan," Haruka stated and a girl with silver hair waved her hand at Miyako, who took the seat at the end of the table closest to the centre aisle.

"It's nice to meet you, Haruno-san. I'm Ejiri Gina, if you need any help, I'm happy to help," the girl stated with a kind smile once Miyako was seated.

Miyako gave a smile in return. "Thank you, Ejiri-san," Miyako replied and turned to face the teacher who had started to speak.

"I know we covered this previously, but because of our new student, I'm going to explain our class schedule," Haruka stated and the class sighed, but there was no other sign of complaint. "The first session each day we do arithmetic, second session is reading and writing, third session is science, fourth session is geography and history. We have lunch at twelve, before going outside for weapon use and taijutsu training, back inside we learn the ninja hand signs and basic ninjutsu, and finally, trap setting and genjutsu. No then, I want you to answer the questions on the board. Please call for me if you need any help," Haruka said, gesturing to the equations on the board that the class had already started before being interrupted by the Hokage and Miyako.

It only took two days for Miyako to settle into the class. She quickly showed great skill in almost all her classes. However, it quickly became obvious the one should never go to her for help on even the most basic of math problems.

Miyako had also gathered a small group of friends. First was the silver-haired, grey eyes desk mate Ejiri Gina, followed by the brown-haired and brown-eyed boy Fuchigami Takeo, and lastly the black-haired and onyx eyed male Uchiha Hisoka.

They all had just finished lunch on the third day and were practising their kunai throwing skills. Unsurprisingly, most students were lucky to get the kunai to the second-largest circle on the target.

Because of this, many got frustrated very quickly, leading many to stop and watch as Miyako and Takeo competed to see who would get the most kunai in the centre. The rules of their competition were simple: they keep throwing kunai until they both run out, or one of them misses the centre, whichever came first.