News

Thank you for taking the time to read this Itachi x OC fanfiction. I'm writing this on my phone, so there will be spelling mistakes, and I ask that you inform me so I can fix them.

News - Please Read Before Starting the Story

The story is marked 'complete,' however as things stand now I may not end up finishing writing the last arc of the story. 

That being said, I did a summary of the final arc and the epilogue that I was going to write. You WILL NOT be left on a cliff hanger, you WILL know how the story ends, so you are more than welcome to read it.

Trigger Warnings

These things weren't initially planned upon my stating this story years ago, but they have happened and I feel it's important to have this here. Most of these things happen in later chapters leading up to the end and I don't go into explicit detail, but I thought I should give you all a heads-up anyway.

1. Canon-typical violence

2. Mentions of sexual assault and rape

3. Mentions of trauma response/PTSD 

4. An act of abortion for medical reasons

5. Canon and major non-canon character deaths 

6. Mentions of illegal and downright horrible medical and science experimentations (both canon and non-canon)

7. Betrayal in its worst form (canon and non-canon)

8. An actual pregnancy between my main OC and Itachi that I wouldn't have written now but that plot point was written almost five years ago and I'm not changing it.

9. That being said, I use the fact that Miyako was pregnant at one point as a way to explain why she didn't strengthen up much in the Naruto/Shippuden time skip. And even use the side-effects of said pregnancy (such as not being able to train the way she wants, and spending nine odd months with a weakened immune system) in a relatively realistic manner.

PS. Canon represents events from the series itself, and non-canon represents things brought on by my story. For TW mentioning both "canon and non-canon" means that some of the stuff comes from canon, while some come from my story.

PSS. I will also be adding TW  for non-canon events to individual chapters as I go through the story. Though it may take a couple of days (or weeks for me to update them).

Ex-Important Notes

1. I have a habit of not finishing my stories, mostly due to a lack of interest, or writer's block. Ideas and encouragement are welcomed and will encourage me to keep writing.

2. I try to keep five chapters ahead as a way of motivating myself. As such, I will not update until I have finished the fifth chapter. In other words, if I release Chapter Seven, I will write Chapter Twelve before I update the story itself.

3. I will only accept constructive criticism. If you don't like the story you're welcome to leave whenever you want. I won't try to stop you.

4. This story starts before the series (but after the Kyuubi attack) so some scenes and characters will be different, and other scenes may not even happen.

5. In a way, this is sort of an AU. But don't worry, important events will still happen, and the events in the original Naruto series are all more or less going to happen. Can't say the same for Shippuden however. I like to think of it as an alternate timeline-type thing.

6. The ages at the start of the story (which also have minor changes) go as follows:
The Rookie 9 and Gaara - 1-2 years old
Team Gai and Kankuro - 2-3 years old
Temari and Shinjitsu (Haruno) Miyako (OC) - 4-5 years old
Miyako's Classmates - 6-7 years old
Itachi - 8-9 years old

Disclaimer

Obviously, I don't own any characters, places, jutsus, clans, or arcs from Naruto - they all belong to Masashi Kishimoto.

I do, however, own characters, clans, arcs, places, and jutsus not found in the series.

Any media used do not belong to me and belong to the creator of the media.

Under no circumstances are you allowed to copy my story word by word. You are welcome to take inspiration from the story, but that is it.